How to install the microphone?

October 7, 2004 8:23:17 PM

Hi,
I just bought a microphone, I want to use it to talk with my friend
through the netmeeting, but I don't understand why when I plug the
microphone into the sound card, there's no sound at all; do i need to
install any driver at all? I think my sound card is working properly as it
can play music. Thanks in advance.

Adrian

More about : install microphone

Anonymous
October 7, 2004 8:23:18 PM

Assume you are using Windows O/S (XP,98)
1. Make sure you have plugged the mike into the correct point.
2. Go to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio devices go to voice and Test
hardware under voice recording. This should tell you whether your
microphone is working.
3. Make sure that on the advanced volume control the mic. is not muted.

Good luck
October 7, 2004 9:26:06 PM

Ok, thx
Looks like there's problem on the hardware part, i will try to fix it.
Thanks

news:p _59d.16965$5O5.3529@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

!