How to install the microphone?

Hi,
I just bought a microphone, I want to use it to talk with my friend
through the netmeeting, but I don't understand why when I plug the
microphone into the sound card, there's no sound at all; do i need to
install any driver at all? I think my sound card is working properly as it
can play music. Thanks in advance.

Adrian
2 answers Last reply
More about install microphone

    Assume you are using Windows O/S (XP,98)
    1. Make sure you have plugged the mike into the correct point.
    2. Go to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio devices go to voice and Test
    hardware under voice recording. This should tell you whether your
    microphone is working.
    3. Make sure that on the advanced volume control the mic. is not muted.

    Good luck

    Ok, thx
    Looks like there's problem on the hardware part, i will try to fix it.
    Thanks

    "jopo" <jpolak@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > Assume you are using Windows O/S (XP,98)
    > 1. Make sure you have plugged the mike into the correct point.
    > 2. Go to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio devices go to voice and Test
    > hardware under voice recording. This should tell you whether your
    > microphone is working.
    > 3. Make sure that on the advanced volume control the mic. is not muted.
    >
    > Good luck

Microphone Sound Cards Windows XP