putting passiv cooler on Epox 8kta3Pro.

hi!

was wondering can i put passive cooler on 8kta3pro chipset (VIA133a)?
at the moment i have original cooler from epox and it's getting a bit
loud.

i would like to put Zalman ZM-47j or ZM-nb32j1. which one do u
recommend?

thx!

ps. i don't do OC :D

drgore@softhome.net (dr.gore) wrote in message news:<4e440e6f.0403301537.7555140d@posting.google.com>...
> hi!
>
> was wondering can i put passive cooler on 8kta3pro chipset (VIA133a)?
> at the moment i have original cooler from epox and it's getting a bit
> loud.
>
> i would like to put Zalman ZM-47j or ZM-nb32j1. which one do u
> recommend?
>
> thx!
>
> ps. i don't do OC :D

Dr Gore

Either one looks more than sufficient as a replacement.

Visit the EPoX store: EPoXStore.com stocks all those hard to find
motherboard accessories... BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much
more! Also find wireless and bluetooth products.
http://www.epoxstore.com

Technical Support Department
EPoX International, Inc.
support@epox.com
www.epox.com

HI, a large chipset heatsink only(3/4" height) or a small one with fan is
adequate.

www.lynncomp.com

"dr.gore" <drgore@softhome.net> wrote in message
> hi!
>
> was wondering can i put passive cooler on 8kta3pro chipset (VIA133a)?
> at the moment i have original cooler from epox and it's getting a bit
> loud.
>
> i would like to put Zalman ZM-47j or ZM-nb32j1. which one do u
> recommend?
>
> thx!
>
> ps. i don't do OC :D

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007

drgore@softhome.net (dr.gore) wrote in message news:<4e440e6f.0403301537.7555140d@posting.google.com>...
> hi!
>
> was wondering can i put passive cooler on 8kta3pro chipset (VIA133a)?
> at the moment i have original cooler from epox and it's getting a bit
> loud.
>
> i would like to put Zalman ZM-47j or ZM-nb32j1. which one do u
> recommend?
>
> thx!
>
> ps. i don't do OC :D

It will work fine but you don't even need that. I just removed the NB
fan while leaving the stock heatsink in place. Since the CPU on the
8KTA3PRO mounts east-west plenty of air blows from the CPU directly
across the northbridge. Yes, it's warm air but it still provides
enough cooling a KT133A northbridge.

I've used mine this way for almost a year without problems and that's
with FSB up as high as 150. (I have PC150 memory).

Phsstpok

wojtek

U¿ytkownik "EPoX Tech" <support@epox.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> drgore@softhome.net (dr.gore) wrote in message
> > (...)
>
> Dr Gore
>
> Either one looks more than sufficient as a replacement. (...)

Hi!

And what about Epox 8RDA3G. Is it possible to remove fan on chipset and
repalce it with passive cooling ??
--
Juzo < w_juzo@(antyspam)wp.pl >
Athlon 2000XP | 2x256 DDR (333) NoName |

"Wojtek" <w_juzoANTYSPAM@wp.pl> wrote in message news:<c4fo9j$3j9$1@news.onet.pl>...
> U¿ytkownik "EPoX Tech" <support@epox.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> > drgore@softhome.net (dr.gore) wrote in message
> > > (...)
> >
> > Dr Gore
> >
> > Either one looks more than sufficient as a replacement. (...)
>
> Hi!
>
> And what about Epox 8RDA3G. Is it possible to remove fan on chipset and
> repalce it with passive cooling ??

Wojtek

I would not suggest it as the board is new and warrantied. I only
mentioned the other board was ok since its old and not warrantied
anymore.