Meet Ron Gilbert

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Yes, really.

http://www.grumpygamer.com/

--
Kasper
22 answers Last reply

    Kasper made text:

    |Yes, really.
    |
    |http://www.grumpygamer.com/

    "It looks like I will be making it to Amsterdam next week, but my plans
    are still in flux so any meet-up location and time will be last minute."

    Pixel, add that site to your RSS feed and have your camera and OV-
    jaarkaart ready!

    --
    ervaqre

    It won't be just a memory.

    www.aglami.net
    ervaqre(at)aglami(dot)net

    "Alas, my error was trusting Aglami
    to do anything in the first place."
    - Rob, in alt.roundtable
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    ervaqre made text:

    |"It looks like I will be making it to Amsterdam next week, but my plans
    |are still in flux so any meet-up location and time will be last minute."
    |
    |Pixel, add that site to your RSS feed and have your camera and OV-
    |jaarkaart ready!

    umm...of course that should be: "add that rss feed to your whatever"

    I think I am dizzy.

    --
    ervaqre

    It won't be just a memory.

    www.aglami.net
    ervaqre(at)aglami(dot)net

    "Alas, my error was trusting Aglami
    to do anything in the first place."
    - Rob, in alt.roundtable
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier Kasper muttered:

    >Yes, really.
    >
    >http://www.grumpygamer.com/

    Has he mentioned when he will be in Amsterdam yet?

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel

    Earlier ervaqre muttered:

    >|"It looks like I will be making it to Amsterdam next week, but my plans
    >|are still in flux so any meet-up location and time will be last minute."
    >|
    >|Pixel, add that site to your RSS feed and have your camera and OV-
    >|jaarkaart ready!
    >
    >umm...of course that should be: "add that rss feed to your whatever"
    >
    >I think I am dizzy.

    What's a RSS feed anyway?

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    pixel at aglami dot net
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Pixel "#~ made text:

    |>umm...of course that should be: "add that rss feed to your whatever"
    |>
    |>I think I am dizzy.
    |
    |What's a RSS feed anyway?

    pixel, you really still live in the year of your OS, don't you?

    rss feeds are special xml which one can use on websites that updates
    regularly. if you add the feed to your feed reader (in my case, the
    thunderbird mail program) every time the site is updated, you are notified
    of it in the form of a message that forwards you to the updated bit by
    clicking on it or whatever you fa shizzo. it is useful. for example, i do
    not have to go to your livejournal, but receive a message in my email
    program when you update it which displays the page as it normally would
    display an email message...

    huh uh

    --
    ervaqre

    It won't be just a memory.

    www.aglami.net
    ervaqre(at)aglami(dot)net

    "Alas, my error was trusting Aglami
    to do anything in the first place."
    - Rob, in alt.roundtable
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    A day without ervaqre is like a day without sunshine...

    >>> umm...of course that should be: "add that rss feed to your whatever"
    >>>
    >>> I think I am dizzy.
    >>
    >> What's a RSS feed anyway?
    >
    > pixel, you really still live in the year of your OS, don't you?
    >
    > rss feeds are special xml which one can use on websites that updates
    > regularly. if you add the feed to your feed reader (in my case, the
    > thunderbird mail program) every time the site is updated, you are
    > notified of it in the form of a message that forwards you to the
    > updated bit by clicking on it or whatever you fa shizzo. it is
    > useful. for example, i do not have to go to your livejournal, but
    > receive a message in my email program when you update it which
    > displays the page as it normally would display an email message...
    >
    > huh uh

    Yes, Aglami.net has one that I implemented when I was planning on
    syndicating the news to LiveJournal, but I never got around to doing that
    because it has to be done by a paid user.
    http://www.aglami.net/?view/newsrss

    --
    Daffy, the combustible duck.
    --> www.aglami.net <--

    Daffy made text:

    |> rss feeds are special xml which one can use on websites that updates
    |> regularly. if you add the feed to your feed reader (in my case, the
    |> thunderbird mail program) every time the site is updated, you are
    |> notified of it in the form of a message that forwards you to the
    |> updated bit by clicking on it or whatever you fa shizzo. it is
    |> useful. for example, i do not have to go to your livejournal, but
    |> receive a message in my email program when you update it which
    |> displays the page as it normally would display an email message...
    |>
    |> huh uh
    |
    |Yes, Aglami.net has one that I implemented when I was planning on
    |syndicating the news to LiveJournal, but I never got around to doing that
    |because it has to be done by a paid user.
    |http://www.aglami.net/?view/newsrss

    I am not quite sure what you mean with the livejournal stuff, but then
    again, I am not a livejournal person...blah.

    Also, you could put this line in the <head></head> of the index.html on
    aglami.net:

    <LINK REL="alternate" TITLE="Aglami.net News"
    HREF="http://www.aglami.net/?view/newsrss" TYPE="application/rss+xml">

    ....so that it shows up in more modern browsers such as Firefox and Opera
    as an icon indicating that the site has an rss feed.

    --
    ervaqre

    It won't be just a memory.

    www.aglami.net
    ervaqre(at)aglami(dot)net

    "Alas, my error was trusting Aglami
    to do anything in the first place."
    - Rob, in alt.roundtable
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier Daffy muttered:

    >> rss feeds are special xml which one can use on websites that updates
    >> regularly. if you add the feed to your feed reader (in my case, the
    >> thunderbird mail program) every time the site is updated, you are
    >> notified of it in the form of a message that forwards you to the
    >> updated bit by clicking on it or whatever you fa shizzo. it is
    >> useful. for example, i do not have to go to your livejournal, but
    >> receive a message in my email program when you update it which
    >> displays the page as it normally would display an email message...
    >>
    >> huh uh
    >
    >Yes, Aglami.net has one that I implemented when I was planning on
    >syndicating the news to LiveJournal, but I never got around to doing that
    >because it has to be done by a paid user.
    >http://www.aglami.net/?view/newsrss

    Blonde has a paid account. And so does Krista...

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    pixel at aglami dot net
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Pixel "#~, we've got a file on you:

    >Earlier Daffy muttered:
    >
    >>> rss feeds are special xml which one can use on websites that updates
    >>> regularly. if you add the feed to your feed reader (in my case, the
    >>> thunderbird mail program) every time the site is updated, you are
    >>> notified of it in the form of a message that forwards you to the
    >>> updated bit by clicking on it or whatever you fa shizzo. it is
    >>> useful. for example, i do not have to go to your livejournal, but
    >>> receive a message in my email program when you update it which
    >>> displays the page as it normally would display an email message...
    >>>
    >>> huh uh
    >>
    >>Yes, Aglami.net has one that I implemented when I was planning on
    >>syndicating the news to LiveJournal, but I never got around to doing that
    >>because it has to be done by a paid user.
    >>http://www.aglami.net/?view/newsrss
    >
    >Blonde has a paid account. And so does Krista...

    yes, i do. i sooo do.
    --

    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,Blondestranger,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
    ¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤

    Earlier ervaqre muttered:

    >|Yes, really.
    >|
    >|http://www.grumpygamer.com/
    >
    >"It looks like I will be making it to Amsterdam next week, but my plans
    >are still in flux so any meet-up location and time will be last minute."
    >
    >Pixel, add that site to your RSS feed and have your camera and OV-
    >jaarkaart ready!

    He's having the meet on thursday. (5 mei) And I already have plans, so
    I can't go... :-(
    (Also, I can't use my OV that day, since it's a holiday)

    Anyway, I added it to the news on Aglami.net, so maybe some lurker
    will read it and go there.

    Hmmm, also, should we make attempts to get listed in the links section
    on there?

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    pixel at aglami dot net
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

    >>> Yes, really.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.grumpygamer.com/
    >>
    >> "It looks like I will be making it to Amsterdam next week, but my
    >> plans are still in flux so any meet-up location and time will be
    >> last minute."
    >>
    >> Pixel, add that site to your RSS feed and have your camera and OV-
    >> jaarkaart ready!
    >
    > He's having the meet on thursday. (5 mei) And I already have plans, so
    > I can't go... :-(
    > (Also, I can't use my OV that day, since it's a holiday)
    >
    > Anyway, I added it to the news on Aglami.net, so maybe some lurker
    > will read it and go there.
    >
    > Hmmm, also, should we make attempts to get listed in the links section
    > on there?

    Yes, you should do that.

    --
    Daffy, the combustible duck.
    --> www.aglami.net <--
    daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
    M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    A day without ervaqre is like a day without sunshine...

    >>> rss feeds are special xml which one can use on websites that updates
    >>> regularly. if you add the feed to your feed reader (in my case, the
    >>> thunderbird mail program) every time the site is updated, you are
    >>> notified of it in the form of a message that forwards you to the
    >>> updated bit by clicking on it or whatever you fa shizzo. it is
    >>> useful. for example, i do not have to go to your livejournal, but
    >>> receive a message in my email program when you update it which
    >>> displays the page as it normally would display an email message...
    >>>
    >>> huh uh
    >>
    >> Yes, Aglami.net has one that I implemented when I was planning on
    >> syndicating the news to LiveJournal, but I never got around to doing
    >> that because it has to be done by a paid user.
    >> http://www.aglami.net/?view/newsrss
    >
    > I am not quite sure what you mean with the livejournal stuff, but then
    > again, I am not a livejournal person...blah.
    >
    > Also, you could put this line in the <head></head> of the index.html
    > on aglami.net:
    >
    > <LINK REL="alternate" TITLE="Aglami.net News"
    > HREF="http://www.aglami.net/?view/newsrss" TYPE="application/rss+xml">
    >
    > ...so that it shows up in more modern browsers such as Firefox and
    > Opera as an icon indicating that the site has an rss feed.

    aglami.net has no such thing as an index.html, but I have added it into the
    appropriate file.

    --
    Daffy, the combustible duck.
    --> www.aglami.net <--
    daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
    M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

    >>> rss feeds are special xml which one can use on websites that updates
    >>> regularly. if you add the feed to your feed reader (in my case, the
    >>> thunderbird mail program) every time the site is updated, you are
    >>> notified of it in the form of a message that forwards you to the
    >>> updated bit by clicking on it or whatever you fa shizzo. it is
    >>> useful. for example, i do not have to go to your livejournal, but
    >>> receive a message in my email program when you update it which
    >>> displays the page as it normally would display an email message...
    >>>
    >>> huh uh
    >>
    >> Yes, Aglami.net has one that I implemented when I was planning on
    >> syndicating the news to LiveJournal, but I never got around to doing
    >> that because it has to be done by a paid user.
    >> http://www.aglami.net/?view/newsrss
    >
    > Blonde has a paid account. And so does Krista...

    Well, if one of those two people happened to want to be able to view and
    comment to the Aglami news updates via LiveJournal, they could go to
    http://www.livejournal.com/syn/ and type
    "http://www.aglami.net/?view/newsrss" into the box at the bottom, then give
    it some kind of appropriate username like "aglaminetnews" or something and
    then tell everyone about it. Yeah.

    --
    Daffy, the combustible duck.
    --> www.aglami.net <--
    daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
    M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier blondestranger muttered:

    >>>Yes, Aglami.net has one that I implemented when I was planning on
    >>>syndicating the news to LiveJournal, but I never got around to doing that
    >>>because it has to be done by a paid user.
    >>>http://www.aglami.net/?view/newsrss
    >>
    >>Blonde has a paid account. And so does Krista...
    >
    >yes, i do. i sooo do.

    Mooooo!!!

    (sorry, that just rhymed. It had no meaning in any other sense, and
    please do go on with your lifes and ignore this meaningless post)

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    pixel at aglami dot net
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier Daffy muttered:

    >>> Pixel, add that site to your RSS feed and have your camera and OV-
    >>> jaarkaart ready!
    >>
    >> He's having the meet on thursday. (5 mei) And I already have plans, so
    >> I can't go... :-(
    >> (Also, I can't use my OV that day, since it's a holiday)
    >>
    >> Anyway, I added it to the news on Aglami.net, so maybe some lurker
    >> will read it and go there.
    >>
    >> Hmmm, also, should we make attempts to get listed in the links section
    >> on there?
    >
    >Yes, you should do that.

    Me?

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    pixel at aglami dot net
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

    >>> He's having the meet on thursday. (5 mei) And I already have plans,
    >>> so I can't go... :-(
    >>> (Also, I can't use my OV that day, since it's a holiday)
    >>>
    >>> Anyway, I added it to the news on Aglami.net, so maybe some lurker
    >>> will read it and go there.
    >>>
    >>> Hmmm, also, should we make attempts to get listed in the links
    >>> section on there?
    >>
    >> Yes, you should do that.
    >
    > Me?

    It was your idea, it's the least I can do.

    --
    Daffy, the combustible duck.
    --> www.aglami.net <--
    daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
    M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Daffy made text:

    |aglami.net has no such thing as an index.html, but I have added it into the
    |appropriate file.

    argh...I am so behind...it is even possible to have a website with no
    index.html these days...

    *is amazed*

    --
    ervaqre

    It won't be just a memory.

    www.aglami.net
    ervaqre(at)aglami(dot)net

    "Alas, my error was trusting Aglami
    to do anything in the first place."
    - Rob, in alt.roundtable
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier Daffy muttered:

    >>> Yes, you should do that.
    >>
    >> Me?
    >
    >It was your idea, it's the least I can do.

    Meh.

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    pixel at aglami dot net
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Daffy, we've got a file on you:

    >A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

    >>> Yes, Aglami.net has one that I implemented when I was planning on
    >>> syndicating the news to LiveJournal, but I never got around to doing
    >>> that because it has to be done by a paid user.
    >>> http://www.aglami.net/?view/newsrss
    >>
    >> Blonde has a paid account. And so does Krista...
    >
    >Well, if one of those two people happened to want to be able to view and
    >comment to the Aglami news updates via LiveJournal, they could go to
    >http://www.livejournal.com/syn/ and type
    >"http://www.aglami.net/?view/newsrss" into the box at the bottom, then give
    >it some kind of appropriate username like "aglaminetnews" or something and
    >then tell everyone about it. Yeah.

    its like somebody already has......
    --

    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,Blondestranger,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
    ¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤

    A day without ervaqre is like a day without sunshine...

    >> aglami.net has no such thing as an index.html, but I have added it
    >> into the appropriate file.
    >
    > argh...I am so behind...it is even possible to have a website with no
    > index.html these days...
    >
    > *is amazed*

    We have an index.php, but the home page you see is composed of many files,
    including news.php, main_tpl.html, and general_header_tpl.html. But yes,
    none of the pages that you see are actually stored as complete .html files
    anywhere.

    --
    Daffy, the combustible duck.
    --> www.aglami.net <--
    daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
    M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Daffy made text:

    |> *is amazed*
    |
    |We have an index.php, but the home page you see is composed of many files,
    |including news.php, main_tpl.html, and general_header_tpl.html. But yes,
    |none of the pages that you see are actually stored as complete .html files
    |anywhere.

    Oh, okay, yes, .php, well, I know that then. Blah. Still, I am light years
    behind. For example, I always use Paintshop to make an image if I cannot
    get it to work with css.

    --
    ervaqre

    It won't be just a memory.

    www.aglami.net
    ervaqre(at)aglami(dot)net

    "Alas, my error was trusting Aglami
    to do anything in the first place."
    - Rob, in alt.roundtable
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier blondestranger muttered:

    >>> Blonde has a paid account. And so does Krista...
    >>
    >>Well, if one of those two people happened to want to be able to view and
    >>comment to the Aglami news updates via LiveJournal, they could go to
    >>http://www.livejournal.com/syn/ and type
    >>"http://www.aglami.net/?view/newsrss" into the box at the bottom, then give
    >>it some kind of appropriate username like "aglaminetnews" or something and
    >>then tell everyone about it. Yeah.
    >
    >its like somebody already has......

    Amazing!

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    pixel at aglami dot net
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC