Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Cannot open Add/Remove Hardware in Control Panel

Tags:
  • Hardware
  • Control Panel
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
October 7, 2004 10:49:08 AM

I'm logged on as a member of the administrator group, but
am unable to open the Add/Remove Hardware section of the
control panel.

I've opened winmsd and it is unable to come up with any of
the information about my system's hardware.

Thanks,
Dave

More about : open add remove hardware control panel

Anonymous
October 7, 2004 6:19:57 PM

Can you open the add remove software. Have you confirmed
that there is no viruses on the computer. I know some
viruses have that side affect. Have you installed SP2,
and if you have, did you remove it?