EPoX Debuts Premium Bundle for its Industry-Leading Mother..

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 2, 2004 2:24:10 PM

EPoX Debuts Premium Bundle for its Industry-Leading Motherboards
http://www.epox.com/USA/article.asp?id=1659

[Taipei, February 12, 2004]--To celebrate EP-8RDA+ anniversary, EPoX
launches a Powerpack to enhances EPoX motherboards by providing
additional items to make building better systems easier than ever.

In its continuing efforts to provide users with new convenience
features and enhanced value, EPoX has created the Powerpack bundle for
its motherboards-including the EP-8RDA+, EP-8RDA3+, EP-4PDA5+, and
EP-8HDA5+. Powerpack not only allows DIY hobbyists to build the system
of their dreams quickly and easily, but also ensures that the
completed system achieves its full potential in terms of performance,
connectivity, and reliability.

Among the most exciting highlights of the Powerpack bundle is NVIDIA's
NVSystemUtilityT* a powerful yet easy-to-use utility that turns
processor overclocking from a risky "black art" into an eminently
secure means of wringing the last possible ounce of speed out of a
system built with an EPoX motherboard-regardless of the particular CPU
installed. By making overclocking easy to activate and cancel,
NVSystemUtilityT brings overclocking into the realm of everyday
computing-it's like a turbo-charging switch for your PC.

Another Powerpack highlight is Mini Heatsink (Item 1) miniaturized
heat sinks designed to keep smaller components on the board-such as
memory modules and PWM Mosfets-from overheating. As the saying goes, a
chain is only as strong as its weakest link, and Mini Heatsink ensures
that system stability will not be compromised by a component that is
neglected by full-size cooling kits. Not only does Mini Heatsink
ensure the greatest possible system stability, but it helps to prolong
component life, preserving the investment a user has made in the
system.

Aside from the valuable extras already mentioned, Powerpack also gives
EPoX customers a range of other handy items, such as a chassis I/O
shield, and USB bracket extensions (Item 2). Their inclusion not only
ensures systems built with EPoX motherboards have these key
peripherals interfaces in an elegant implementation, but also saves
users on the cost of purchasing them separately. Powerpack even offers
a screwdriver (Item 3) and logo stickers (Item 4). The former is not
only stylishly designed with its own cap, but spares users the time
and bother of locating a screwdriver of the correct caliber.

In fact, Powerpack provides users with everything they need to turn an
EPoX motherboard into the heart of a state-of-the-art, highly
customizable, fully expandable PC. And to ensure that users can take
advantage of Powerpack without hassles, clearly written and
comprehensive documentation and a well-organized CD of software
drivers are integral parts of the Powerpack.

*nVidia based motherboard only

About EPoX Computer Co. Ltd. Established in February 1995, EPoX
Computer Company is a world-renowned manufacturer of motherboards, IA
devices, communication devices, and industrial PC motherboards. EPoX
Computer Company was successfully listed in November 1999 on the
Taiwan Stock Exchange (TAIEX: 5414). With a strong R&D team, EPoX
Computer Company was not only able to provide a wide range of products
but also has been recognized as an innovation pioneer in the field.

This article applies to:
EP-4PDA5+ EP-8HDA3+ EP-8RDA+ EP-8RDA3+
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2004 3:02:26 PM

EPoX Tech wrote:
[snip]
> In its continuing efforts to provide users with new convenience
> features and enhanced value, EPoX has created the Powerpack bundle for
> its motherboards-including the EP-8RDA+, EP-8RDA3+, EP-4PDA5+, and
> EP-8HDA5+.
^^^^^^^^^

What's an 8HDA5+? A typo? I can only find details of the 8HDA3+.

Paul Taylor Veni, vidi, tici -
birder@ozemail.com.au I came, I saw, I ticked.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 5, 2004 2:39:02 PM

Paul Taylor <birder@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message news:<w2obc.223$ac1.9892@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au>...
> EPoX Tech wrote:
> [snip]
> > In its continuing efforts to provide users with new convenience
> > features and enhanced value, EPoX has created the Powerpack bundle for
> > its motherboards-including the EP-8RDA+, EP-8RDA3+, EP-4PDA5+, and
> > EP-8HDA5+.
> ^^^^^^^^^
>
> What's an 8HDA5+? A typo? I can only find details of the 8HDA3+.

Paul

It is a real product, but not one sold by EPoX International, Inc in
the USA.

Visit the EPoX store: EPoXStore.com stocks all those hard to find
motherboard accessories... BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much
more! Also find wireless and bluetooth products.
http://www.epoxstore.com

Technical Support Department
EPoX International, Inc.
support@epox.com
www.epox.com
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2004 12:20:07 PM

EPoX Tech wrote:
>>What's an 8HDA5+? A typo? I can only find details of the 8HDA3+.
>
> It is a real product, but not one sold by EPoX International, Inc in
> the USA.

I'm in Australia, so we're more likely to get our stock from Taiwan
I think. I looked at all of the EPoX websites (Taiwan, UK, Netherlands
etc.), not just the USA - none of them listed the 8HDA5+. Google.com
found "8HDA5+" only in the press release. I ask if it's a typo because
at the bottom of the press release, it says:

This article applies to:
EP-4PDA5+ EP-8HDA3+ EP-8RDA+ EP-8RDA3+

The 8HDA3+ certainly does exists, but isn't an nVidia-based motherboard
which the article seems to be slanted towards.

Curious.

> Visit the EPoX store: EPoXStore.com stocks all those hard to find
> motherboard accessories...

It wasn't there, either. ;-)

Paul Taylor Veni, vidi, tici -
birder@ozemail.com.au I came, I saw, I ticked.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2004 1:00:01 PM

Paul Taylor <birder@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message news:<zYkcc.200$2Y3.9675@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au>...
> EPoX Tech wrote:
> >>What's an 8HDA5+? A typo? I can only find details of the 8HDA3+.
> >
> > It is a real product, but not one sold by EPoX International, Inc in
> > the USA.
>
> I'm in Australia, so we're more likely to get our stock from Taiwan
> I think. I looked at all of the EPoX websites (Taiwan, UK, Netherlands
> etc.), not just the USA - none of them listed the 8HDA5+. Google.com
> found "8HDA5+" only in the press release. I ask if it's a typo because
> at the bottom of the press release, it says:
>
> This article applies to:
> EP-4PDA5+ EP-8HDA3+ EP-8RDA+ EP-8RDA3+
>
> The 8HDA3+ certainly does exists, but isn't an nVidia-based motherboard
> which the article seems to be slanted towards.
>
> Curious.
>
> > Visit the EPoX store: EPoXStore.com stocks all those hard to find
> > motherboard accessories...
>
> It wasn't there, either. ;-)
>
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> Paul Taylor Veni, vidi, tici -
> birder@ozemail.com.au I came, I saw, I ticked.

Paul

The item is in the press release, but EPoX.com does not sell the
product so that is why there is limited mention. Since there is so
much confusion I remove mention of it from our PR.

Technical Support Department
EPoX International, Inc.
support@epox.com
www.epox.com

Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard
accessories... BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more!
https://www.epoxstore.com
!