USB Devices Unrecognized After Standby with XP SP2

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

This is on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 (1.8MHz P4)
laptop. The SP2 upgrade seemed to work smoothly, but now
I have a problem with USB devices. If they are attached
at startup, or even if they are later plugged in after
booting, no problem. But, if I go to standby, when I
awaken the laptop none of the USB devices work. They are
not getting power, and eventually you get
an "unrecognized USB device" message.

I've checked the Knowledge Base, with no luck. Any
suggestions? THX

In MyComputer->Devices->Device manager, expand USB devices. On each and
every USB Root Hub/Properties/PowerManagement tab, disable "Allow computer

(Don't know if translations are rigth, but Devices=3rd tab,
DeviceManager=Middle row, right button)

--
Tumppi
Reply to group