LPT2 and ISAPNP Read Data Port resouce conflict

camtech

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

Hi,

I have an XP machine that i need to run two printers off. My second LPT
card is running off an ISA slot on the MB. Problem is my LPT card has two
settings i can use for the resouces. either 278 or 378. now LPT1 is using
378 and when i try to set LPT2 to use 278 it says it has a conflict with the
ISAPNP Read Data Port. Do i need this port for anything or can i uninstall it?

You should be able to change the port settings for the second LPT port...
either by jumpers on the card itself or in the BIOS.
www.coribright.com

"Camtech" <Camtech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an XP machine that i need to run two printers off. My second LPT
> card is running off an ISA slot on the MB. Problem is my LPT card has two
> settings i can use for the resouces. either 278 or 378. now LPT1 is using
> 378 and when i try to set LPT2 to use 278 it says it has a conflict with
> the
> ISAPNP Read Data Port. Do i need this port for anything or can i uninstall
> it?

TRENDING THREADS