Hi im using a HP Pavilion a409.UK , i have 2 of these systems both same specs
(literally) And am trying to set up a router, but on this pc it says no
network cards are installed (Both of them have them) a realtek RTL 8139/810x
Family fast ethernet. But it doesnt detect them on here, ive tried recovery
options, removing/replacing the Card, downloading drivers, checking the add
hardware wizard thingy. And nothing comes up so i tried to manually install
it (selecting the hardware from the list) and when its installed it has a
yellow question mark nxt to it in Device manager and says "This device cannot
start (Code 10)" Onboard LAN has been enabled/disabled on the BIOS and that
makes absolutely no difference....... if anyone can help i'd really
appreciate it. thankyou

Hi i got the same problem when i tried to install a motorolla dial up
modem.my pc is celeron,and VIA 266A chipset.

"Jay-S" wrote:

> Hi im using a HP Pavilion a409.UK , i have 2 of these systems both same specs
> (literally) And am trying to set up a router, but on this pc it says no
> network cards are installed (Both of them have them) a realtek RTL 8139/810x
> Family fast ethernet. But it doesnt detect them on here, ive tried recovery
> options, removing/replacing the Card, downloading drivers, checking the add
> hardware wizard thingy. And nothing comes up so i tried to manually install
> it (selecting the hardware from the list) and when its installed it has a
> yellow question mark nxt to it in Device manager and says "This device cannot
> start (Code 10)" Onboard LAN has been enabled/disabled on the BIOS and that
> makes absolutely no difference....... if anyone can help i'd really
> appreciate it. thankyou

Are the Realtek onboard Ethernet ports ENABLED in the BIOS?
www.coribright.com