Device cannot start

Hi im using a HP Pavilion a409.UK , i have 2 of these systems both same specs
(literally) And am trying to set up a router, but on this pc it says no
network cards are installed (Both of them have them) a realtek RTL 8139/810x
Family fast ethernet. But it doesnt detect them on here, ive tried recovery
options, removing/replacing the Card, downloading drivers, checking the add
hardware wizard thingy. And nothing comes up so i tried to manually install
it (selecting the hardware from the list) and when its installed it has a
yellow question mark nxt to it in Device manager and says "This device cannot
start (Code 10)" Onboard LAN has been enabled/disabled on the BIOS and that
makes absolutely no difference....... if anyone can help i'd really
appreciate it. thankyou
2 answers Last reply
More about device start

    Hi i got the same problem when i tried to install a motorolla dial up
    modem.my pc is celeron,and VIA 266A chipset.

    "Jay-S" wrote:

    > Hi im using a HP Pavilion a409.UK , i have 2 of these systems both same specs
    > (literally) And am trying to set up a router, but on this pc it says no
    > network cards are installed (Both of them have them) a realtek RTL 8139/810x
    > Family fast ethernet. But it doesnt detect them on here, ive tried recovery
    > options, removing/replacing the Card, downloading drivers, checking the add
    > hardware wizard thingy. And nothing comes up so i tried to manually install
    > it (selecting the hardware from the list) and when its installed it has a
    > yellow question mark nxt to it in Device manager and says "This device cannot
    > start (Code 10)" Onboard LAN has been enabled/disabled on the BIOS and that
    > makes absolutely no difference....... if anyone can help i'd really
    > appreciate it. thankyou

    Are the Realtek onboard Ethernet ports ENABLED in the BIOS?
    www.coribright.com

    "Jay-S" <Jay-S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi im using a HP Pavilion a409.UK , i have 2 of these systems both same
    > specs
    > (literally) And am trying to set up a router, but on this pc it says no
    > network cards are installed (Both of them have them) a realtek RTL
    > 8139/810x
    > Family fast ethernet. But it doesnt detect them on here, ive tried
    > recovery
    > options, removing/replacing the Card, downloading drivers, checking the
    > add
    > hardware wizard thingy. And nothing comes up so i tried to manually
    > install
    > it (selecting the hardware from the list) and when its installed it has a
    > yellow question mark nxt to it in Device manager and says "This device
    > cannot
    > start (Code 10)" Onboard LAN has been enabled/disabled on the BIOS and
    > that
    > makes absolutely no difference....... if anyone can help i'd really
    > appreciate it. thankyou

Hardware Windows XP