Epox 8KHA+ Mobo + More RAM = network problems?!?!

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 12, 2004 11:37:35 AM

Hello all,

Pulling my hair out on this one. I have an epox 8KHA+ mobo running
with some generic 512MB RAM... runs great, no worries. I recently
bought another dimm of 512MB from Crucial. Once i install it, i see
that the system recognizes the memory and everything loads up
correctly... however, my NETWORK card has serious miseries...
sometimes if it manages to actually connect to the outside world
everything loads VERY slowly (Cable modem not an issue).

I remove the Crucial dimm and everything is back working.

So, i figured it was a bad stick. I get another 512MB dimm this time
from Kingston... same damn problem.

I tried putting the Kingston and Crucial dimms together as well, no
luck.

Both sticks are PC2100, 2.5CAS, and non-ECC.

Help!!!

Thanks
SN
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 12, 2004 6:24:17 PM

SN

What operating system and network card are you using?

Technical Support Department
EPoX International, Inc.
support@epox.com
www.epox.com

Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard accessories...
BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more! https://www.epoxstore.com

"sho_nuff" <sho_nufff76@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> Pulling my hair out on this one. I have an epox 8KHA+ mobo running
> with some generic 512MB RAM... runs great, no worries. I recently
> bought another dimm of 512MB from Crucial. Once i install it, i see
> that the system recognizes the memory and everything loads up
> correctly... however, my NETWORK card has serious miseries...
> sometimes if it manages to actually connect to the outside world
> everything loads VERY slowly (Cable modem not an issue).
>
> I remove the Crucial dimm and everything is back working.
>
> So, i figured it was a bad stick. I get another 512MB dimm this time
> from Kingston... same damn problem.
>
> I tried putting the Kingston and Crucial dimms together as well, no
> luck.
>
> Both sticks are PC2100, 2.5CAS, and non-ECC.
>
> Help!!!
>
> Thanks
> SN
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 13, 2004 9:34:25 AM

Using Win XP Pro and a 3Com network card. fairly old network card
relatively speaking, but still don't think it would be an issue.

"EPoX Tech" <support@epox.com> wrote in message news:<5ODec.447$pk5.322@fe03.usenetserver.com>...
> SN
>
> What operating system and network card are you using?

> Technical Support Department
> EPoX International, Inc.
> support@epox.com
> www.epox.com
>
> Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard accessories...
> BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more! https://www.epoxstore.com
>
> "sho_nuff" <sho_nufff76@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Pulling my hair out on this one. I have an epox 8KHA+ mobo running
> > with some generic 512MB RAM... runs great, no worries. I recently
> > bought another dimm of 512MB from Crucial. Once i install it, i see
> > that the system recognizes the memory and everything loads up
> > correctly... however, my NETWORK card has serious miseries...
> > sometimes if it manages to actually connect to the outside world
> > everything loads VERY slowly (Cable modem not an issue).
> >
> > I remove the Crucial dimm and everything is back working.
> >
> > So, i figured it was a bad stick. I get another 512MB dimm this time
> > from Kingston... same damn problem.
> >
> > I tried putting the Kingston and Crucial dimms together as well, no
> > luck.
> >
> > Both sticks are PC2100, 2.5CAS, and non-ECC.
> >
> > Help!!!
> >
> > Thanks
> > SN
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 20, 2004 2:32:28 PM

Hi

Can't say what is causing the issue. Check with 3COM to see if they have any
newer drivers. Could be a driver bug with larger amounts of memory.

!