Andrew

I have a 250GB harddrive with about 125GB partitioned and
formatted. I was wondering how you partition and format
the remaining space. Also, I have a my old drive with
files on it that I want to transfer over. I would like to
know how to do this. XP is using NTFS and Win98 of course
is FAT32, are these compatitable with each other as far as
the files go.

Thanks for the help

XP can use either FAT32 or NTFS but NTFS is preferable. 98 CANNOT read
NTFS, but is perfectly happy with FAT32.

To partition and format the remaining unallocated space, right click on My
Computer and select Manage. On the following screen, click on Disk
Management. The unallocated part will appear on the right hand side of the
screen from where you can create a partition, format it and then assign it a
drive letter.
www.coribright.com

"Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a 250GB harddrive with about 125GB partitioned and
> formatted. I was wondering how you partition and format
> the remaining space. Also, I have a my old drive with
> files on it that I want to transfer over. I would like to
> know how to do this. XP is using NTFS and Win98 of course
> is FAT32, are these compatitable with each other as far as
> the files go.
>
> Thanks for the help

Technically, Windows 98 can read NTFS if you use NTFS for Windows 98
from www.sysinternals.com

I agree with Cari though that you should go with NTFS for XP
installations. One last thought, you will need to have at least Service
Pack 1 for Windows XP installed in order to see the extra uncallocated
space and be able to do anything with it (again, technically you can do
it without installing a Service Pack, but this is not adviseable).

-----
Nathan McNulty