Upgraded to XP PRO from Win98, Infrared not working anymore.

Upgraded to XP PRO from Win98, Infrared not working anymore. BIOS is
current and XP recognizes it, say everything in working properly.

Infrared does not read any of my IR devices. (I checked them, they are
all working.)

Any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about upgraded win98 infrared working anymore

    Not all hardware that worked under W98 will work with XP
    because the addressing and control of hardware is different.
    See if you can get updated XP drivers from the IR
    manufacturer or upgrade your IR hardware.

    "Ron" <rhamm@hal-pc.org> wrote in message
    | Upgraded to XP PRO from Win98, Infrared not working
    anymore. BIOS is
    | current and XP recognizes it, say everything in working
    properly.

    | Infrared does not read any of my IR devices. (I checked
    them, they are
    | all working.)
    |
    | Any suggestions?

    Thanks will check with manufacturer about upgrade IR driver. My
    previous correspondence with them said I should flash my BIOS. I had
    done that already. Now I will ask them about a new driver.

    On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 17:35:06 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
    <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote:

    >Not all hardware that worked under W98 will work with XP
    >because the addressing and control of hardware is different.
    >See if you can get updated XP drivers from the IR
    >manufacturer or upgrade your IR hardware.

Windows XP Infrared