Add a new printer

I'm using Windows XP Home. I have an Epson inkjet printer
connected to my parallel port. The printer prints okay but
lately it doesn't show up as a printer connected to my
system as it used to, but I can still print with it. I
used to have an Epson folder, but it's gone also. I tried
to reinstall the Epson printer but I can't do it... the
add a printer wizard starts but just "hangs". I bought a
new printer and connected it to my USB port and tried to
install it but I get the same result. The software for
the new printer installs then it "hangs" too. When I
restart my computer, it says it detected new hardware but
when it starts the installation process it again "hangs".
What's happening? Can anyone help?
Nadine

bar

Do you have Norton Anti Virus running?

If so, disconnect from the internet, disable Norton and try installing the
software.