Dean

Can anyone help? My computer keeps shutting down... a
message comes up as its reboots saying "warning hard disk
has been changed.Hard disk boot priority will be
affected,please enter setup to check" How do I fix this?

See if your mother board battery is low.

"Dean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help? My computer keeps shutting down... a
> message comes up as its reboots saying "warning hard disk
> has been changed.Hard disk boot priority will be
> affected,please enter setup to check" How do I fix this?

You can usually enter the BIOS (sometimes called Setup) by pressing DEL,
F1, or F2 (could be other things too, but these are the most common).
Once in the BIOS, check your boot priority and save changes on exit.
Also, double check the connections inside the computer. Make sure both
the IDE Cables and the power cables are snugly plugged into the hard
drive and any other drives you have in your computer (including CD\DVD
drives and floppy drives).

-----
Nathan McNulty

Dean wrote:
> Can anyone help? My computer keeps shutting down... a
> message comes up as its reboots saying "warning hard disk
> has been changed.Hard disk boot priority will be
> affected,please enter setup to check" How do I fix this?

Yes, and also check your BIOS Version with the provided one on the vendors
supportpage.

Cheers Marcel