Curse of MI difficulty levs...

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Hi folks...

I just started playing comi, I have completed the other three MI games
and have been exposed to the pain inflicting question of difficulty
level. Of course I couldn't take the humiliation of choosing the
"standard" level so I started playing the mega-monkey level. I must
admit that things are going slooow... :-/ but I haven't been playing for
THAT long yet.

Manual says only the foolhardy should choose this level... :)

Anyway, what do you who have played it say? Is the mega-monkey strictly
for the masochist? Have I been submitting myself to endless hours of
torture and frustrations? Cause if so I better get to know already
rather than spending days or weeks finding it out... :)

How hard is the mega-monkey compared to MI4 and 2? Is there much
difference between the difficulty levels?

I am not an adventure expert, but have played many LucasArts adventure
games and Sierra.

Per
325 answers Last reply
More about curse difficulty levs
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 02:23:46 +0200, pbh_news@yahoo.com (Per Bull
    Holmen) wrote:

    >Manual says only the foolhardy should choose this level... :)
    >
    >Anyway, what do you who have played it say? Is the mega-monkey strictly
    >for the masochist? Have I been submitting myself to endless hours of
    >torture and frustrations? Cause if so I better get to know already
    >rather than spending days or weeks finding it out... :)
    >
    >How hard is the mega-monkey compared to MI4 and 2? Is there much
    >difference between the difficulty levels?
    >
    >I am not an adventure expert, but have played many LucasArts adventure
    >games and Sierra.

    Basically, if you don't choose Mega Monkey, you're cheating yourself.
    The two difficulty levels share the exact same narrative progression,
    but Mega Monkey just have more puzzles to solve - and who doesn't want
    more puzzles? If you didn't want puzzles, why are you playing an
    adventure game? eh? EH?!

    --
    Kasper
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Kasper made text:

    |>Anyway, what do you who have played it say? Is the mega-monkey strictly
    |>for the masochist? Have I been submitting myself to endless hours of
    |>torture and frustrations? Cause if so I better get to know already
    |>rather than spending days or weeks finding it out... :)
    |>
    |>How hard is the mega-monkey compared to MI4 and 2? Is there much
    |>difference between the difficulty levels?
    |>
    |>I am not an adventure expert, but have played many LucasArts adventure
    |>games and Sierra.
    |
    |Basically, if you don't choose Mega Monkey, you're cheating yourself.
    |The two difficulty levels share the exact same narrative progression,
    |but Mega Monkey just have more puzzles to solve - and who doesn't want
    |more puzzles? If you didn't want puzzles, why are you playing an
    |adventure game? eh? EH?!

    I agree. Just play the Mega Monkey. Indeed, it has a few more puzzles and
    some of them can be a bit difficult, but they really can be solved! And if
    you are really, really stuck, then you can always come ask us and we will
    try to give you a few subtle hints as to how to solve the puzzle you are
    stuck on.

    Good luck with it! ARRR!!!

    --
    ervaqre

    It won't be just a memory.

    www.aglami.net
    ervaqre(at)aglami(dot)net

    "Alas, my error was trusting Aglami
    to do anything in the first place."
    - Rob, in alt.roundtable
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Kasper <nospam@thanks.com> wrote:

    > On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 02:23:46 +0200, pbh_news@yahoo.com (Per Bull
    > Holmen) wrote:
    >
    > >Manual says only the foolhardy should choose this level... :)
    > >
    > >Anyway, what do you who have played it say? Is the mega-monkey strictly
    > >for the masochist? Have I been submitting myself to endless hours of
    > >torture and frustrations? Cause if so I better get to know already
    > >rather than spending days or weeks finding it out... :)

    /.../

    > Basically, if you don't choose Mega Monkey, you're cheating yourself.
    > The two difficulty levels share the exact same narrative progression,
    > but Mega Monkey just have more puzzles to solve - and who doesn't want
    > more puzzles? If you didn't want puzzles, why are you playing an
    > adventure game? eh? EH?!

    Good point!

    Yes, puzzles is what I want. What I, and fellow adventurers, DON'T want
    is to spend days upon days wandering aimlessly around, checking and
    rechecking the same rooms to see if you overlooked some tiny detail...
    randomly trying to "use" everything you have with every little object
    you see, only because you are completely out of clues... :)

    But I will take your advise and go on playing the Mega Monkey level.
    Everyone gets stuck every now and then, it's just healthy, as long as
    it's not ALL the time!!

    Thanks for your help,

    Per
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Per Bull Holmen wrote:
    > Hi folks...
    >
    > I just started playing comi, I have completed the other three MI games
    > and have been exposed to the pain inflicting question of difficulty
    > level. Of course I couldn't take the humiliation of choosing the
    > "standard" level so I started playing the mega-monkey level. I must
    > admit that things are going slooow... :-/ but I haven't been playing for
    > THAT long yet.
    >
    > Manual says only the foolhardy should choose this level... :)
    >
    > Anyway, what do you who have played it say? Is the mega-monkey strictly
    > for the masochist? Have I been submitting myself to endless hours of
    > torture and frustrations? Cause if so I better get to know already
    > rather than spending days or weeks finding it out... :)
    >
    > How hard is the mega-monkey compared to MI4 and 2? Is there much
    > difference between the difficulty levels?

    I'd say Mega Monkey is harder than MI4, but pretty much on the same
    level as MI2 (unless you played the easy mode on that too), in which
    some of the puzzles had surprising solutions that might at first have
    seemed comepletely illogical and would drive you mad when you finally
    worked out what cruel, insane pun the game designers had in mind.

    ....stupid monkey wrench...

    Actually, Mega Monkey is probably even easier than MI2. So go for it!
    Not only will you be seeing more puzzles, those puzzles all come with
    extra dialogue, and who doesn't want to hear Dominic Armato do as much
    of his thing as possible?!
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:07:22 +0200, Sean
    <sgegg@hotspammeallyouwantpop.com> wrote:

    >I'd say Mega Monkey is harder than MI4, but pretty much on the same
    >level as MI2 (unless you played the easy mode on that too), in which
    >some of the puzzles had surprising solutions that might at first have
    >seemed comepletely illogical and would drive you mad when you finally
    >worked out what cruel, insane pun the game designers had in mind.
    >
    >...stupid monkey wrench...
    >
    >Actually, Mega Monkey is probably even easier than MI2. So go for it!
    >Not only will you be seeing more puzzles, those puzzles all come with
    >extra dialogue, and who doesn't want to hear Dominic Armato do as much
    >of his thing as possible?!

    Someones who doesn't like Dominic Armato?

    --
    Kasper
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Kasper wrote:

    >>I'd say Mega Monkey is harder than MI4, but pretty much on the same
    >>level as MI2 (unless you played the easy mode on that too), in which
    >>some of the puzzles had surprising solutions that might at first have
    >>seemed comepletely illogical and would drive you mad when you finally
    >>worked out what cruel, insane pun the game designers had in mind.
    >>
    >>...stupid monkey wrench...
    >>
    >>Actually, Mega Monkey is probably even easier than MI2. So go for it!
    >>Not only will you be seeing more puzzles, those puzzles all come with
    >>extra dialogue, and who doesn't want to hear Dominic Armato do as much
    >>of his thing as possible?!
    >
    > Someones who doesn't like Dominic Armato?

    Haha, good one, yes! "Someone who doesn't like Dominic Armato" would NOT
    want to hear as much of it as possible. Haha, yeah!
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:01:36 +0200, Sean
    <sgegg@hotspammeallyouwantpop.com> wrote:

    >>>Actually, Mega Monkey is probably even easier than MI2. So go for it!
    >>>Not only will you be seeing more puzzles, those puzzles all come with
    >>>extra dialogue, and who doesn't want to hear Dominic Armato do as much
    >>>of his thing as possible?!
    >>
    >> Someones who doesn't like Dominic Armato?
    >
    >Haha, good one, yes! "Someone who doesn't like Dominic Armato" would NOT
    >want to hear as much of it as possible. Haha, yeah!

    For some reason he reminds me of Matthew Porretta of the incredibly
    bad "The New Adventures of Robin Hood". And how the hell they manage
    to recast Robin Hood in the middle of the series, I don't know.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115289/

    ""The new adventures of Robin Hood" can be described as a
    light-hearted, silly piece of recorded live role-playing."

    --
    Kasper
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Kasper wrote:

    >>>Someones who doesn't like Dominic Armato?
    >>
    >>Haha, good one, yes! "Someone who doesn't like Dominic Armato" would NOT
    >>want to hear as much of it as possible. Haha, yeah!
    >
    > For some reason he reminds me of Matthew Porretta of the incredibly
    > bad "The New Adventures of Robin Hood". And how the hell they manage
    > to recast Robin Hood in the middle of the series, I don't know.
    >
    > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115289/
    >
    > ""The new adventures of Robin Hood" can be described as a
    > light-hearted, silly piece of recorded live role-playing."

    God, that sounds awful.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:16:48 +0200, Sean
    <sgegg@hotspammeallyouwantpop.com> wrote:

    >> For some reason he reminds me of Matthew Porretta of the incredibly
    >> bad "The New Adventures of Robin Hood". And how the hell they manage
    >> to recast Robin Hood in the middle of the series, I don't know.
    >>
    >> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115289/
    >>
    >> ""The new adventures of Robin Hood" can be described as a
    >> light-hearted, silly piece of recorded live role-playing."
    >
    >God, that sounds awful.

    TV3 sends it in the middle of the night. Damn those hot summer nights
    where you can't fall asleep!

    --
    Kasper
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier Kasper muttered:

    >>> Someones who doesn't like Dominic Armato?
    >>
    >>Haha, good one, yes! "Someone who doesn't like Dominic Armato" would NOT
    >>want to hear as much of it as possible. Haha, yeah!
    >
    >For some reason he reminds me of Matthew Porretta of the incredibly
    >bad "The New Adventures of Robin Hood". And how the hell they manage
    >to recast Robin Hood in the middle of the series, I don't know.
    >
    >http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115289/
    >
    >""The new adventures of Robin Hood" can be described as a
    >light-hearted, silly piece of recorded live role-playing."

    Is that a cartoon or real life acting series?
    Because I am getting horrible flashbacks to a Robin Hood tv-series,
    from a few years back. With horrible props, bad acting and no vibe.
    You know, in the trend of Hercules or Xena only then a thousand times
    as bad.

    Anyway, Robin Hood will always be this to me:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086791/

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel

    Kasper wrote:

    >>>For some reason he reminds me of Matthew Porretta of the incredibly
    >>>bad "The New Adventures of Robin Hood". And how the hell they manage
    >>>to recast Robin Hood in the middle of the series, I don't know.
    >>>
    >>>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115289/
    >>>
    >>>""The new adventures of Robin Hood" can be described as a
    >>>light-hearted, silly piece of recorded live role-playing."
    >>
    >>God, that sounds awful.
    >
    > TV3 sends it in the middle of the night. Damn those hot summer nights
    > where you can't fall asleep!

    Haha, I don't get TV3 here! In your face, crazy LARP show!
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:41:30 +0200, Sean

    >>>God, that sounds awful.
    >>
    >> TV3 sends it in the middle of the night. Damn those hot summer nights
    >> where you can't fall asleep!
    >
    >Haha, I don't get TV3 here! In your face, crazy LARP show!

    Well, it means you're missing Seinfeld, 2x Simpsons and 2x Married
    With Children.

    --
    Kasper
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 02:02:55 +0200, "Pixel \"#~"
    <jjwweerrff@phil.uu.nl> wrote:

    >Is that a cartoon or real life acting series?
    >Because I am getting horrible flashbacks to a Robin Hood tv-series,
    >from a few years back. With horrible props, bad acting and no vibe.
    >You know, in the trend of Hercules or Xena only then a thousand times
    >as bad.

    Yes, exactly.

    >Anyway, Robin Hood will always be this to me:
    >http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086791/

    YES, yes, exactly! With the theme song by Clannad. Mmmm. Now I must
    listen to it.

    --
    Kasper
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier Kasper muttered:

    >>Is that a cartoon or real life acting series?
    >>Because I am getting horrible flashbacks to a Robin Hood tv-series,
    >>from a few years back. With horrible props, bad acting and no vibe.
    >>You know, in the trend of Hercules or Xena only then a thousand times
    >>as bad.
    >
    >Yes, exactly.
    >
    >>Anyway, Robin Hood will always be this to me:
    >>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086791/
    >
    >YES, yes, exactly! With the theme song by Clannad. Mmmm. Now I must
    >listen to it.

    I have that soundtrack on cd.
    The cd is called "Legend", and it's by Clannad yes.
    I could rip the theme song if you want it.

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    pixel at aglami dot net
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Kasper wrote:

    >>>TV3 sends it in the middle of the night. Damn those hot summer nights
    >>>where you can't fall asleep!
    >>
    >>Haha, I don't get TV3 here! In your face, crazy LARP show!
    >
    > Well, it means you're missing Seinfeld, 2x Simpsons and 2x Married
    > With Children.

    Haha, terrible Robin Hood programme! Glad I don't have to watch THAT
    horrible old thing!
    Hahaha!
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 01:36:31 +0200, Sean
    <sgegg@hotspammeallyouwantpop.com> wrote:

    >>>Haha, I don't get TV3 here! In your face, crazy LARP show!
    >>
    >> Well, it means you're missing Seinfeld, 2x Simpsons and 2x Married
    >> With Children.
    >
    >Haha, terrible Robin Hood programme! Glad I don't have to watch THAT
    >horrible old thing!
    >Hahaha!

    You don't even know what it is, you lunatic.

    --
    Kasper
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:55:47 +0200, "Pixel \"#~"
    <jjwweerrff@phil.uu.nl> wrote:

    >>>Anyway, Robin Hood will always be this to me:
    >>>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086791/
    >>
    >>YES, yes, exactly! With the theme song by Clannad. Mmmm. Now I must
    >>listen to it.
    >
    >I have that soundtrack on cd.
    >The cd is called "Legend", and it's by Clannad yes.
    >I could rip the theme song if you want it.

    Oh, I already have it. Right here in the folder with the Transformers
    and the Danger Mouse theme.

    --
    Kasper
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier Kasper muttered:

    >>>YES, yes, exactly! With the theme song by Clannad. Mmmm. Now I must
    >>>listen to it.
    >>
    >>I have that soundtrack on cd.
    >>The cd is called "Legend", and it's by Clannad yes.
    >>I could rip the theme song if you want it.
    >
    >Oh, I already have it. Right here in the folder with the Transformers
    >and the Danger Mouse theme.

    Transformers! Robots in disguise!

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    pixel at aglami dot net
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Kasper wrote:

    >>>Well, it means you're missing Seinfeld, 2x Simpsons and 2x Married
    >>>With Children.
    >>
    >>Haha, terrible Robin Hood programme! Glad I don't have to watch THAT
    >>horrible old thing!
    >>Hahaha!
    >
    > You don't even know what it is, you lunatic.

    True. But that doesn't stop me from making fun of it, does it?
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:30:35 +0200, Sean
    <sgegg@hotspammeallyouwantpop.com> wrote:

    >>>Haha, terrible Robin Hood programme! Glad I don't have to watch THAT
    >>>horrible old thing!
    >>>Hahaha!
    >>
    >> You don't even know what it is, you lunatic.
    >
    >True. But that doesn't stop me from making fun of it, does it?

    Yes it does!

    --
    Kasper
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:52:00 +0200, "Pixel \"#~"
    <jjwweerrff@phil.uu.nl> wrote:

    >>>I have that soundtrack on cd.
    >>>The cd is called "Legend", and it's by Clannad yes.
    >>>I could rip the theme song if you want it.
    >>
    >>Oh, I already have it. Right here in the folder with the Transformers
    >>and the Danger Mouse theme.
    >
    >Transformers! Robots in disguise!

    I think I had the movie once, too.

    --
    Kasper
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Kasper wrote:

    >>>You don't even know what it is, you lunatic.
    >>
    >>True. But that doesn't stop me from making fun of it, does it?
    >
    > Yes it does!

    Curses!
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:25:23 +0200, Sean

    >>>True. But that doesn't stop me from making fun of it, does it?
    >>
    >> Yes it does!
    >
    >Curses!

    Now go bake me a cake.

    --
    Kasper
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Sean <sgegg@hotspammeallyouwantpop.com> wrote:

    > ...stupid monkey wrench...

    Hahhah... since I'm not english or american, and played it long before
    the Foo Fighters, I had never even heard the expression. I figured it
    out by trying to use *every* little thing I had with the pump... imagine
    my wrath when I figured it out, and still couldn't see the logic... :)

    I remembered that one for about ten to fifteen years or so, when I tried
    to replay the whole game. Still I can't understand that when I was so
    young (17), I managed to figure out all those puzzles without ONCE
    resorting to hints or help from my friends?!?! I must have been a
    genius. The second time I played it I had to use the UHS-hints every
    second hour or so... :)

    I have now completed the Curse of Monkey Island, but I used hints three
    times... :(

    Once when I couldn't get the jawbreaker (that was easy), second when I
    couldn't get the tooth out of the restaurant (I figured it all out
    except that I had to take in helium before chewing the gum with the
    tooth), and third when I couldn't get the barkeeper to recognise me as a
    Goodsoup. And every time I use these hints I wish they weren't there
    cause "sure I could have figured it out".... :)

    Well, COMI was brilliant, but it just ended so damn soon... :( I thought
    it would be a little longer. My favourite in the series is still the
    first one, though it was a bit too easy.

    Per
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Kasper wrote:

    >>>Yes it does!
    >>
    >>Curses!
    >
    > Now go bake me a cake.

    You're not the boss of me!
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Per Bull Holmen wrote:

    >>...stupid monkey wrench...
    >
    > Hahhah... since I'm not english or american, and played it long before
    > the Foo Fighters, I had never even heard the expression. I figured it
    > out by trying to use *every* little thing I had with the pump... imagine
    > my wrath when I figured it out, and still couldn't see the logic... :)
    >
    > I remembered that one for about ten to fifteen years or so, when I tried
    > to replay the whole game. Still I can't understand that when I was so
    > young (17), I managed to figure out all those puzzles without ONCE
    > resorting to hints or help from my friends?!?! I must have been a
    > genius. The second time I played it I had to use the UHS-hints every
    > second hour or so... :)
    >
    > I have now completed the Curse of Monkey Island, but I used hints three
    > times... :(
    >
    > Once when I couldn't get the jawbreaker (that was easy), second when I
    > couldn't get the tooth out of the restaurant (I figured it all out
    > except that I had to take in helium before chewing the gum with the
    > tooth), and third when I couldn't get the barkeeper to recognise me as a
    > Goodsoup. And every time I use these hints I wish they weren't there
    > cause "sure I could have figured it out".... :)
    >
    > Well, COMI was brilliant, but it just ended so damn soon... :( I thought
    > it would be a little longer. My favourite in the series is still the
    > first one, though it was a bit too easy.

    I think one reason why CoMI seems to have such an abrupt ending is that
    a lot of stuff was cut from it at the last minute. There was, for
    instance, supposed to have been a whole cutscene of Elaine overpowering
    her undead guards and rewiring the monkey-coaster. As it is, it just
    sort of happens off screen, and we never even find out how they get off
    Monkey Island. That just sort of happens too. A little hectic dash
    through the burning theme-park wouldn't have come amiss, I daresay.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Pixel "#~ made text:

    |>YES, yes, exactly! With the theme song by Clannad. Mmmm. Now I must
    |>listen to it.
    |
    |I have that soundtrack on cd.
    |The cd is called "Legend", and it's by Clannad yes.
    |I could rip the theme song if you want it.

    BREIN is watching you!

    --
    ervaqre

    It won't be just a memory.

    www.aglami.net
    ervaqre(at)aglami(dot)net

    "Alas, my error was trusting Aglami
    to do anything in the first place."
    - Rob, in alt.roundtable
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Sean <sgegg@hotspammeallyouwantpop.com> wrote:

    > Per Bull Holmen wrote:
    >
    > > Well, COMI was brilliant, but it just ended so damn soon... :( I thought
    > > it would be a little longer. My favourite in the series is still the
    > > first one, though it was a bit too easy.
    >
    > I think one reason why CoMI seems to have such an abrupt ending is that
    > a lot of stuff was cut from it at the last minute. There was, for
    > instance, supposed to have been a whole cutscene of Elaine overpowering
    > her undead guards and rewiring the monkey-coaster. As it is, it just
    > sort of happens off screen, and we never even find out how they get off
    > Monkey Island. That just sort of happens too. A little hectic dash
    > through the burning theme-park wouldn't have come amiss, I daresay.

    Yeah, you have a point. I was a bit startled that this was really the
    end...??

    But also, since I knew that there would be six parts, and the second one
    was so complex, I had been looking forward to far more hours of play...
    then it turned out that four of these six parts are short ones. I always
    get a little melancholic when a fun adventure game like that is ended,
    and it just happened too soon this time... :-/ but then again I have
    been sick this week (no, really!!) and have had five full days to play
    it... :)

    Wouldn't it be fun to control Elaine as she overpowers her undead guards
    etc. in the end... :) We really should get the chance to control Elaine
    some day.

    Per
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Kasper <nospam@thanks.com> hit the keyboard.
    Afterwards the following was on the screen:

    >>> TV3 sends it in the middle of the night. Damn those hot summer nights
    >>> where you can't fall asleep!
    >>
    >>Haha, I don't get TV3 here! In your face, crazy LARP show!
    >
    > Well, it means you're missing Seinfeld, 2x Simpsons and 2x Married
    > With Children.

    Everyone knows that those Simpsons are reruns from TV3+ earlier in the
    evening!

    Oh, I did it. First post after lurking some time...

    I DEMAND TRIALS!!!

    /Rasmus

    /me wonders if *that* was a good idea...

    --
    -- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------
    I would never kill somebody

    Rasmus Bøg Hansen wrote:

    >>>Haha, I don't get TV3 here! In your face, crazy LARP show!
    >>
    >>Well, it means you're missing Seinfeld, 2x Simpsons and 2x Married
    >>With Children.
    >
    > Everyone knows that those Simpsons are reruns from TV3+ earlier in the
    > evening!
    >
    > Oh, I did it. First post after lurking some time...
    >
    > I DEMAND TRIALS!!!
    >
    > /Rasmus
    >
    > /me wonders if *that* was a good idea...

    Holy MONKEYS! A newbie! What do we do, what do we DO?! Reinder, who's in
    charge of trials these days? SOMEONE TELL HIM TO TURN BACK!
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    "Sean" <sgegg@hotspammeallyouwantpop.com> wrote in message

    >>>Well, it means you're missing Seinfeld, 2x Simpsons and 2x Married
    >>>With Children.
    >>
    >> Everyone knows that those Simpsons are reruns from TV3+ earlier in the
    >> evening!
    >>
    >> Oh, I did it. First post after lurking some time...
    >>
    >> I DEMAND TRIALS!!!
    >>
    >> /Rasmus
    >>
    >> /me wonders if *that* was a good idea...
    >
    > Holy MONKEYS! A newbie! What do we do, what do we DO?! Reinder, who's in
    > charge of trials these days? SOMEONE TELL HIM TO TURN BACK!

    Hey, /we/ never got any trials. Or did we get them, and nobody told us?
    Hrm.

    --
    The Triad
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    The Triad wrote:

    >>>Everyone knows that those Simpsons are reruns from TV3+ earlier in the
    >>>evening!
    >>>
    >>>Oh, I did it. First post after lurking some time...
    >>>
    >>>I DEMAND TRIALS!!!
    >>>
    >>>/Rasmus
    >>>
    >>>/me wonders if *that* was a good idea...
    >>
    >>Holy MONKEYS! A newbie! What do we do, what do we DO?! Reinder, who's in
    >>charge of trials these days? SOMEONE TELL HIM TO TURN BACK!
    >
    > Hey, /we/ never got any trials. Or did we get them, and nobody told us?
    > Hrm.

    Oh, weird. Did you ever officially demand them? Sometimes that's what it
    takes.
    We are falling behind on trials! Aaaaaah!
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Rasmus Bøg Hansen made text:

    |> Well, it means you're missing Seinfeld, 2x Simpsons and 2x Married
    |> With Children.
    |
    |Everyone knows that those Simpsons are reruns from TV3+ earlier in the
    |evening!
    |
    |Oh, I did it. First post after lurking some time...
    |
    |I DEMAND TRIALS!!!
    |
    |/Rasmus
    |
    |/me wonders if *that* was a good idea...

    TURN BACK! TURN BACK!! YOU FOOLISH MORTAL! TURN BACK NOW THAT YOU STILL
    CAN OR DARKNESS WILL ENVELOP YOU!! MWUHAAHAHAHAAAA!!

    Okay, you do realise that posting to Aglami was the worst mistake of your
    life, don't you? I still remember making the same mistake, many years ago,
    and just look at me! I am a pirate now! ARRR!!!

    Also, what the monkey is that smurf doing in your post? I did not even
    know such things were possible in the almighty usenet.

    Anyway, err...yes...Trials! Let the ceremony begin!

    *lights candle and goes off into the basement to find the Great Aglami
    Trials Book*

    Ah, here we have it. Lemme find a nice Trial for you to start with:

    1. Find the raspberry jam, eat it all and toss a caber.

    ARRR!!

    --
    ervaqre

    It won't be just a memory.

    www.aglami.net
    ervaqre(at)aglami(dot)net

    "Alas, my error was trusting Aglami
    to do anything in the first place."
    - Rob, in alt.roundtable
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Sean made text:

    |> /me wonders if *that* was a good idea...
    |
    |Holy MONKEYS! A newbie! What do we do, what do we DO?! Reinder, who's in
    |charge of trials these days? SOMEONE TELL HIM TO TURN BACK!

    Done so!

    --
    ervaqre

    It won't be just a memory.

    www.aglami.net
    ervaqre(at)aglami(dot)net

    "Alas, my error was trusting Aglami
    to do anything in the first place."
    - Rob, in alt.roundtable
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    >>>Holy MONKEYS! A newbie! What do we do, what do we DO?! Reinder, who's in
    >>>charge of trials these days? SOMEONE TELL HIM TO TURN BACK!
    >>
    >> Hey, /we/ never got any trials. Or did we get them, and nobody told us?
    >> Hrm.
    >
    > Oh, weird. Did you ever officially demand them? Sometimes that's what it
    > takes.
    > We are falling behind on trials! Aaaaaah!

    Hmm. *didn't know that there /were/ trials*

    --
    The Triad
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier The Triad muttered:

    >>> Hey, /we/ never got any trials. Or did we get them, and nobody told us?
    >>> Hrm.
    >>
    >> Oh, weird. Did you ever officially demand them? Sometimes that's what it
    >> takes.
    >> We are falling behind on trials! Aaaaaah!
    >
    >Hmm. *didn't know that there /were/ trials*

    Hmmm, isn't that in the FAQ?
    Hmmmmm, maybe I should post that, it's been a while.

    www.aglami.net !!!!

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    pixel at aglami dot net
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Sean <sgegg@hotspammeallyouwantpop.com> hit the keyboard.
    Afterwards the following was on the screen:

    >>>Well, it means you're missing Seinfeld, 2x Simpsons and 2x Married
    >>>With Children.
    >> Everyone knows that those Simpsons are reruns from TV3+ earlier in
    >> the
    >> evening!
    >> Oh, I did it. First post after lurking some time...
    >> I DEMAND TRIALS!!!
    >> /Rasmus
    >> /me wonders if *that* was a good idea...
    >
    > Holy MONKEYS! A newbie! What do we do, what do we DO?! Reinder, who's in
    > charge of trials these days? SOMEONE TELL HIM TO TURN BACK!

    But I *want* to be a pirate. Arrrr!

    /Rasmus

    --
    -- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------
    No, no, stop! Now I got coffee in my keyboard!

    ervaqre <me@privacy.net> hit the keyboard.
    Afterwards the following was on the screen:

    > Rasmus Bøg Hansen made text:
    >
    > |> Well, it means you're missing Seinfeld, 2x Simpsons and 2x Married
    > |> With Children.
    > |
    > |Everyone knows that those Simpsons are reruns from TV3+ earlier in the
    > |evening!
    > |
    > |Oh, I did it. First post after lurking some time...
    > |
    > |I DEMAND TRIALS!!!
    > |
    > |/Rasmus
    > |
    > |/me wonders if *that* was a good idea...
    >
    > TURN BACK! TURN BACK!! YOU FOOLISH MORTAL! TURN BACK NOW THAT YOU STILL
    > CAN OR DARKNESS WILL ENVELOP YOU!! MWUHAAHAHAHAAAA!!
    >
    > Okay, you do realise that posting to Aglami was the worst mistake of your
    > life, don't you? I still remember making the same mistake, many years ago,
    > and just look at me! I am a pirate now! ARRR!!!

    But I *want* to be a pirate! Arrrr!

    (now why didn't I copy and paste THAT!)

    > Also, what the monkey is that smurf doing in your post? I did not even
    > know such things were possible in the almighty usenet.

    Ah, my x-face. I like it - at least I got used to it somehow. I put it
    in my newsreader at a time where I played a lot more SmurfQuest than I
    do nowadays (which is clearly not enough).

    > Anyway, err...yes...Trials! Let the ceremony begin!
    >
    > *lights candle and goes off into the basement to find the Great Aglami
    > Trials Book*

    Nice setting with the candles.

    > Ah, here we have it. Lemme find a nice Trial for you to start with:
    >
    > 1. Find the raspberry jam, eat it all and toss a caber.

    Ah, that would be Ligonier Highland Games it seems. I will resarch
    that tomorrow - I should get well rested before doing trials.

    Yarrr!

    /Rasmus

    --
    -- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------
    We're here to *HACK* boxes not to Patch them!

    Rasmus Bøg Hansen made text:

    |> Okay, you do realise that posting to Aglami was the worst mistake of your
    |> life, don't you? I still remember making the same mistake, many years ago,
    |> and just look at me! I am a pirate now! ARRR!!!
    |
    |But I *want* to be a pirate! Arrrr!
    |
    |(now why didn't I copy and paste THAT!)

    Uh...Arrrr!

    (I did copy and paste THAT!)

    |> Also, what the monkey is that smurf doing in your post? I did not even
    |> know such things were possible in the almighty usenet.
    |
    |Ah, my x-face. I like it - at least I got used to it somehow. I put it
    |in my newsreader at a time where I played a lot more SmurfQuest than I
    |do nowadays (which is clearly not enough).

    Hmmm...nifty, and though my newsreader supports reading them, it cannot
    implement those x-faces. But then again, my newsreader is from the
    previous century.

    And...errr...ummm...SmurfQuest?

    |> Ah, here we have it. Lemme find a nice Trial for you to start with:
    |>
    |> 1. Find the raspberry jam, eat it all and toss a caber.
    |
    |Ah, that would be Ligonier Highland Games it seems. I will resarch
    |that tomorrow - I should get well rested before doing trials.
    |
    |Yarrr!

    *pokes random Aglamian sitting underneath him*

    Eh..what the hell is this guy on?

    --
    ervaqre

    It won't be just a memory.

    www.aglami.net
    ervaqre(at)aglami(dot)net

    "Alas, my error was trusting Aglami
    to do anything in the first place."
    - Rob, in alt.roundtable
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier ervaqre muttered:

    >|>YES, yes, exactly! With the theme song by Clannad. Mmmm. Now I must
    >|>listen to it.
    >|
    >|I have that soundtrack on cd.
    >|The cd is called "Legend", and it's by Clannad yes.
    >|I could rip the theme song if you want it.
    >
    >BREIN is watching you!

    BREIN is a fascist organization that uses illegal search methods to
    solve a problem that is unsolvable.

    Anyway, how come I am paying extra money for cd-writables because I
    would surely use them for burning illegal songs on them and then next
    be condemned for actually burning illegal songs on those cd-writables?
    I mean, they are even talking about charging more money for big
    harddrives, because surely the only reason you would buy a big
    harddrives is to store illegal songs on them... (?)

    http://www.telegraaf.nl/i-mail/article22682351.ece
    http://www.nu.nl/news.jsp?n=556046&c=50&rss

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    pixel at aglami dot net
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Pixel "#~ made text:

    |BREIN is a fascist organization that uses illegal search methods to
    |solve a problem that is unsolvable.
    |
    |Anyway, how come I am paying extra money for cd-writables because I
    |would surely use them for burning illegal songs on them and then next
    |be condemned for actually burning illegal songs on those cd-writables?
    |I mean, they are even talking about charging more money for big
    |harddrives, because surely the only reason you would buy a big
    |harddrives is to store illegal songs on them... (?)

    Hmm...I would rather have a big harddrive for editing stuff recorded with
    a digital video camera, now that requires a lot of hard disk space! And
    all of my photos also eat up several GBs.

    *curses his 30 GB laptop*

    Speaking about hard disks, I would like to have one of these:

    http://www.lacie.com/nl/products/product.htm?pid=10610

    |http://www.telegraaf.nl/i-mail/article22682351.ece
    |http://www.nu.nl/news.jsp?n=556046&c=50&rss

    Hooray! Though, I do agree that downloading music and videos is in fact
    illegal, so I would recommend that only people with jobs do pay for
    everything and that poor students such as myself are allowed to download
    it.

    --
    ervaqre

    It won't be just a memory.

    www.aglami.net
    ervaqre(at)aglami(dot)net

    "Alas, my error was trusting Aglami
    to do anything in the first place."
    - Rob, in alt.roundtable
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    "Pixel \"#~" <jjwweerrff@phil.uu.nl> hit the keyboard.
    Afterwards the following was on the screen:

    > Earlier The Triad muttered:

    >>> Oh, weird. Did you ever officially demand them? Sometimes that's what it
    >>> takes.
    >>> We are falling behind on trials! Aaaaaah!
    >>
    >>Hmm. *didn't know that there /were/ trials*
    >
    > Hmmm, isn't that in the FAQ?
    > Hmmmmm, maybe I should post that, it's been a while.

    The FAQ was indeed where I saw it.

    Somehow I get scared about the fact that I lurked for so long after
    reading the FAQ...

    /Rasmus

    --
    -- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------
    Linux hackers are funny people: They count the time in patchlevels.

    "Pixel \"#~" <jjwweerrff@phil.uu.nl> hit the keyboard.
    Afterwards the following was on the screen:

    > Earlier ervaqre muttered:

    >>|I have that soundtrack on cd.
    >>|The cd is called "Legend", and it's by Clannad yes.
    >>|I could rip the theme song if you want it.
    >>
    >>BREIN is watching you!
    >
    > BREIN is a fascist organization that uses illegal search methods to
    > solve a problem that is unsolvable.
    >
    > Anyway, how come I am paying extra money for cd-writables because I
    > would surely use them for burning illegal songs on them and then next
    > be condemned for actually burning illegal songs on those cd-writables?
    > I mean, they are even talking about charging more money for big
    > harddrives, because surely the only reason you would buy a big
    > harddrives is to store illegal songs on them... (?)

    Ah, some time ago there was rumours of getting digital cameras taxed
    as they could be used for pirating music. Well, it was *cameras*!

    Never mix technology and politics.

    /Rasmus

    --
    -- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------
    Quick! Give me the number for 911!

    Earlier Rasmus Bøg Hansen muttered:

    >>>BREIN is watching you!
    >>
    >> BREIN is a fascist organization that uses illegal search methods to
    >> solve a problem that is unsolvable.
    >>
    >> Anyway, how come I am paying extra money for cd-writables because I
    >> would surely use them for burning illegal songs on them and then next
    >> be condemned for actually burning illegal songs on those cd-writables?
    >> I mean, they are even talking about charging more money for big
    >> harddrives, because surely the only reason you would buy a big
    >> harddrives is to store illegal songs on them... (?)
    >
    >Ah, some time ago there was rumours of getting digital cameras taxed
    >as they could be used for pirating music. Well, it was *cameras*!
    >
    >Never mix technology and politics.

    Yeah, it's insane!

    (welcome btw :-)

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    pixel at aglami dot net
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    ervaqre wrote:

    > |> Ah, here we have it. Lemme find a nice Trial for you to start with:
    > |>
    > |> 1. Find the raspberry jam, eat it all and toss a caber.
    > |
    > |Ah, that would be Ligonier Highland Games it seems. I will resarch
    > |that tomorrow - I should get well rested before doing trials.
    > |
    > |Yarrr!
    >
    > *pokes random Aglamian sitting underneath him*
    >
    > Eh..what the hell is this guy on?

    Denmark, if I'm not much mistaken. Explains it all, really. Arrr!
    Wait, you get to do the "Turn back" AND the Trials?! What do I get?!
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Sean wrote:

    >> |Ah, that would be Ligonier Highland Games it seems. I will resarch
    >> |that tomorrow - I should get well rested before doing trials.
    >> |
    >> |Yarrr!
    >>
    >> *pokes random Aglamian sitting underneath him*
    >>
    >> Eh..what the hell is this guy on?
    >

    > Denmark, if I'm not much mistaken. Explains it all, really. Arrr!
    > Wait, you get to do the "Turn back" AND the Trials?! What do I get?!

    /whispers something in sean's ear
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    blondestranger made text:

    |> Denmark, if I'm not much mistaken. Explains it all, really. Arrr!
    |> Wait, you get to do the "Turn back" AND the Trials?! What do I get?!
    |
    |/whispers something in sean's ear

    That's what you get! Food Kuck Qiyt Ut!

    --
    ervaqre

    It won't be just a memory.

    www.aglami.net
    ervaqre(at)aglami(dot)net

    "Alas, my error was trusting Aglami
    to do anything in the first place."
    - Rob, in alt.roundtable
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    ervaqre <me@privacy.net> hit the keyboard.
    Afterwards the following was on the screen:

    > |> Also, what the monkey is that smurf doing in your post? I did not even
    > |> know such things were possible in the almighty usenet.
    > |
    > |Ah, my x-face. I like it - at least I got used to it somehow. I put it
    > |in my newsreader at a time where I played a lot more SmurfQuest than I
    > |do nowadays (which is clearly not enough).
    >
    > Hmmm...nifty, and though my newsreader supports reading them, it cannot
    > implement those x-faces. But then again, my newsreader is from the
    > previous century.

    Mine is too - it is still developed though.

    > And...errr...ummm...SmurfQuest?

    Ah, roleplaying. I played a lot of that once, nowadays I don't play as
    much.

    In SmurfQuest you play smurfs instead of elves/wookies/humans/etc. I
    don't think the rules were ever translated to english, so they are
    available in danish only.

    I might get bored enough to do the translation one day. Then again, I
    might not.

    > |> Ah, here we have it. Lemme find a nice Trial for you to start with:
    > |>
    > |> 1. Find the raspberry jam, eat it all and toss a caber.
    > |
    > |Ah, that would be Ligonier Highland Games it seems. I will resarch
    > |that tomorrow - I should get well rested before doing trials.
    > |
    > |Yarrr!
    >
    > *pokes random Aglamian sitting underneath him*
    >
    > Eh..what the hell is this guy on?

    Mostly coffe for now.

    http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/entertainment/s_153213.html

    Still those Games have both caber toss and raspberry jam; the
    raspberry jam is put in cakes apparently.

    /leaves for a moment

    /returns and tosses the caber

    Owww, MY FOOT! GODS, IT HURTS!

    /me steals a glass of jam from the baking tent

    /eats the entire glass

    Ewwww! Someone PLEASE get me a drink....

    /Rasmus

    --
    -- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------
    God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things.

    Rasmus Bøg Hansen made text:

    |> Hmmm...nifty, and though my newsreader supports reading them, it cannot
    |> implement those x-faces. But then again, my newsreader is from the
    |> previous century.
    |
    |Mine is too - it is still developed though.

    Not mine! It reached perfection in 1999, the Year of the Pontiac.

    |> And...errr...ummm...SmurfQuest?
    |
    |Ah, roleplaying. I played a lot of that once, nowadays I don't play as
    |much.
    |
    |In SmurfQuest you play smurfs instead of elves/wookies/humans/etc. I
    |don't think the rules were ever translated to english, so they are
    |available in danish only.

    Ah, a text thingy?

    |I might get bored enough to do the translation one day. Then again, I
    |might not.

    Danish...why are there so many Danish people drawn towards Aglami? Kasper,
    Sean, Parasite, Jungo, etc. and now a new one.

    |> Eh..what the hell is this guy on?
    |
    |Mostly coffe for now.
    |
    |http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/entertainment/s_153213.html
    |
    |Still those Games have both caber toss and raspberry jam; the
    |raspberry jam is put in cakes apparently.
    |
    |/leaves for a moment
    |
    |/returns and tosses the caber
    |
    |Owww, MY FOOT! GODS, IT HURTS!
    |
    |/me steals a glass of jam from the baking tent
    |
    |/eats the entire glass
    |
    |Ewwww! Someone PLEASE get me a drink....
    |
    |/Rasmus

    *observes and takes notebook to scribble down a few things*

    ....hmmm...is extremely clumsy...can only toss a caber on his own
    foot....is in desperate need of grog....ahhh

    *hands Rasmus a big mug o'grog*

    ARRR!! You just completed your first Trial! ARRRR!! Now, ARR!!, I will
    give you the second Trial, ARR!!!

    2. Ocatelay Eansay nday hrowtay imhay niay hteay Kaggeraksay!

    --
    ervaqre

    It won't be just a memory.

    www.aglami.net