Ipaq 2210 & Activesync

July 4, 2004 6:03:24 PM

Does anyone know how to stop my pc from automatically connecting to the
internet as soon as it boots when activesync loads ?My adsl device is just
not quick enough to have synched with the exchange.

I have looked at the settings but nothing I seem to do stops this from
happening.

Keith

More about : ipaq 2210 activesync

Anonymous
July 4, 2004 6:03:25 PM

"Keith Sparks" <Keith@kjs.plus.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know how to stop my pc from automatically connecting to the
>internet as soon as it boots when activesync loads ?My adsl device is just
>not quick enough to have synched with the exchange.
>
>I have looked at the settings but nothing I seem to do stops this from
>happening.

Don't dock your Pocket PC as you are booting. Wait until you have
booted and are ready, then dock it. Otherwise, as soon as the driver
is loaded and it detects a device, it'll fire off.
July 4, 2004 6:49:05 PM

Thankyou. Just another quick question does the 2210 have to connect to the
internet for a reason?

______
> Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
July 4, 2004 11:34:57 PM

"Keith Sparks" <Keith@kjs.plus.com> wrote in news:o Ck0z2cYEHA.2388
@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

> Thankyou. Just another quick question does the 2210 have to connect to
the
> internet for a reason?

No, unless you use avantgo or something similar, or unless you use the
2210 for handling e-mails or as a newsreader, or.. or... any other
internet related task.

But for functioning just as a ppc, no internet connection is necessary.
Appointment syncing and adressbook etc. is just a matter between your PPC
and your desktop, no internet needed.

--
SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com

(just remove the spamstatement
and one underscore
to respond personally,
but please keep it friendly,
I'm only human too)
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 11:46:52 PM

"Keith Sparks" <Keith@kjs.plus.com> wrote in message
news:o Ck0z2cYEHA.2388@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Thankyou. Just another quick question does the 2210 have to connect to the
> internet for a reason?

No I think you can turn off the functionality within activesync (I could be
wrong I'm new to this too)
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 5:25:46 PM

"Keith Sparks" <Keith@kjs.plus.com> wrote:

>Thankyou. Just another quick question does the 2210 have to connect to the
>internet for a reason?

No, not unless you have an INbox account set up and active when it
docks to a POP3/IMAP4 account. If you have third party software
installed, they may trigger the connection.
July 10, 2004 3:18:44 PM

Thankyou for the reply Ed.

!