how do i scan for a wireless network signal

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
February 21, 2005 11:37:02 AM

please could anyone tell me if there is something that will let you scan for
a wireless network please help cheers
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 21, 2005 3:18:04 PM

"jake" <jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> please could anyone tell me if there is something that will let you scan
> for
> a wireless network please help cheers

The Windows client will scan for available wireless networks. It will do so
automatically if wireless networking is enabled, or you can right-click the
network and choose "View available wireless networks". This will show all
wireless networks in range that you have configured as well as all wireless
networks that have the BSSID enabled. Any network with the broadcast
disabled will not be shown.
February 21, 2005 3:24:19 PM

Hi
http://www.compusa.com/adproducts/product_info.asp?prod...