8KHA+ and 2600+ CPU

Has anyone put a 2600+ CPU in an 8KHA+? I noticed that the list of
supported CPUs for my rev of the board includes the 2600+. However, it
also says that the supported 2600+ CPU is 133/266 FSB. The only 2600+
CPUs that I can find for sale are 166/333 models.

If I just drop one of these in my board, will I be able to run it with
the FSB set at 166Mhz?

Thanks

Erik

Hi, they made XP 2600+ in both 266FSB and 333FSB, but retail box is only
333FSB. Check www.pricewatch.com for it, otherwise get a 2400+ they are
all 266FSB

Doug
www.lynncomp.com

"EEE" <eengwall@wpi.edu> wrote in message
> Has anyone put a 2600+ CPU in an 8KHA+? I noticed that the list of
> supported CPUs for my rev of the board includes the 2600+. However, it
> also says that the supported 2600+ CPU is 133/266 FSB. The only 2600+
> CPUs that I can find for sale are 166/333 models.
>
> If I just drop one of these in my board, will I be able to run it with
> the FSB set at 166Mhz?
>
> Thanks
>
> Erik

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

You should be able to use it without a problem.
It will just throttle it down to the lower speed.

EEE wrote:

> Has anyone put a 2600+ CPU in an 8KHA+?

Yep, I did. This was a brand new XP 2600+ (Thoroughbred, FSB 133).
After turning on the power, nothing happened. The screen stayed black
and nothing more happened.

Changing the CPU back to the old 1400 C Athlon, all went fine.
Rev. 2.0, latest BIOS.

--
# Heinz Diehl, 68259 Mannheim, Germany