Not recognizing USB device

Jenny

Hi,
I am having problems with Windows and USB. You see, I
recently purchased a laptop, and have upgraded the
operating system from Windows XP Home to Professional. I
have four USB ports on my laptops, but when I try
connecting a device to either one of them, Windows does
not recignize it at all, I have tried connecting a USB
mouse, memory cards, and other USB devices, but Windows
doesn't do anything. Is there somewhere I can enable
Windows to detect USB devices? Help will be very much
appreciated. Thanks.

Hello Jenny,

Chances are windows just needs an updates driver for your USB ports. Some
how they might not have transferred over from Winsome. You can find them on
one of the CD's that came with you computer. Or you will have to go to the
Manufactures web site.

Michael Ortega

"Jenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am having problems with Windows and USB. You see, I
> recently purchased a laptop, and have upgraded the
> operating system from Windows XP Home to Professional. I
> have four USB ports on my laptops, but when I try
> connecting a device to either one of them, Windows does
> not recignize it at all, I have tried connecting a USB
> mouse, memory cards, and other USB devices, but Windows
> doesn't do anything. Is there somewhere I can enable
> Windows to detect USB devices? Help will be very much
> appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Jenny

Try, also looking at the BIOS settings. See if the BIOS
settings say anything about USB being enabled. Some
motherboards specify this.

Darren