HELP: How to bulk change the destination drive of several ..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 (More info?)

In XP , can I use something like the old DOS "ASSIGN" command to
point the DRIVE LETTER of any shortcut in a folder which want to go
to the C drive to go to the D drive instead? I have about 35 such
shortcuts.

ALternatively, maybe there is a way to do a BULK CHANGE to the
destination drive letter of all of the shortcuts stored together in a
particular folder?

Thank you.
Mozzy

-----

BACKGROUND TO MY REQUIREMENT

I use these shortcuts to navigate my folders. For example when the
"Save As" dialog come up and points to the "My Downloads" folder then
I click on one of my prepared shortcuts permanently stored in "My
Downloads" and this way the "Save As dialog" gets taken to the folder
pointed at in the shortcut. Then i can save in that new folder.

So I want to do be able to change drive letter for the times when I
take this collection of my "folder shortcuts" to another PC where I
will connect my own hard drive as the D drive. The DRIVE LETTERS of
the special shortcuts will wrongly point to C instead of to my own
drive at D. I need to get them all to point to D (or whatever).

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 (More info?)

You can use IShellLink interface to chane shortcut properties.