8RDA+ sound problem

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 3, 2004 2:56:14 PM

I had an old GF3 vid card and have replaced it with an 9800pro, tho i had to
remove the AUD cable thats been plug in the M/B right where the vid card
goes. Now i had been told this is only for the front panel audio connection
in my case, but thats not the case, cos now i have no sound at all before i
did. Now with that AUD cable there are 8 or so loose cable hanging of it so
i have done the following...
If you refer to the booklet i have place the grey cable in hole 5, yellow in
6, blue in 9 and green in 10. but i only have sound out of one speaker, what
have i done wrong there...
Not a good setup by Epox there at all.
btw is for onboard sound.

More about : 8rda sound problem

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 3, 2004 6:29:54 PM

"G Man" <gazmanl2k@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I had an old GF3 vid card and have replaced it with an 9800pro, tho i
had to
> remove the AUD cable thats been plug in the M/B right where the vid card
> goes. Now i had been told this is only for the front panel audio
connection
> in my case, but thats not the case, cos now i have no sound at all
before i
> did.

It is the case! The header pins simply allow the front panel sockets to
route the audio speaker signals back to the motherboard when there is
*no* speaker/headphone plugged into the front sockets. Once returned,
the signals can route to the rear panel sockets.

> Now with that AUD cable there are 8 or so loose cable hanging of it so
> i have done the following...
> If you refer to the booklet i have place the grey cable in hole 5,
yellow in
> 6, blue in 9 and green in 10. but i only have sound out of one speaker,
what
> have i done wrong there...
> Not a good setup by Epox there at all.
> btw is for onboard sound.

You don't need to use the front panel wiring at all! Just remove it and
fit
two link jumpers - one to link pins 5 + 6 and the other to link pins 9 +
10.

HTH