Refilling Laser Toner Cartridges

I wonder if anyone has experience with refilling laser toner cartridges?

And how they got on?

I have just done my first refill on my HP1300 and all went very smoothly and
printing almost same as usual. The only thing I noticed is that text is
fine but feel the photos and other none text parts are a little fainter.

Someone said it could be the fact I was comparing with a print out from an
old cartridge and there will be variation from cartridge to cartridge.
Someone else said that toner does go off especially if left in a bottle and
in the light.

Any tips appreciated.

Phil
4 answers Last reply
More about refilling laser toner cartridges

    Phil wrote:

    > I wonder if anyone has experience with refilling laser toner cartridges?
    >
    > And how they got on?
    >
    > I have just done my first refill on my HP1300 and all went very smoothly and
    > printing almost same as usual. The only thing I noticed is that text is
    > fine but feel the photos and other none text parts are a little fainter.
    >
    > Someone said it could be the fact I was comparing with a print out from an
    > old cartridge and there will be variation from cartridge to cartridge.
    > Someone else said that toner does go off especially if left in a bottle and
    > in the light.
    >
    > Any tips appreciated.

    Where did you buy the toner? When I tried finding some to do my own
    refills, I couldn't find any sources.

    Ray

    "Ray K" <raykosXXX@optonline.net> wrote in message

    > Phil wrote:
    >
    > > I wonder if anyone has experience with refilling laser toner cartridges?
    > >
    > > And how they got on?
    > >
    > > I have just done my first refill on my HP1300 and all went very smoothly
    and
    > > printing almost same as usual. The only thing I noticed is that text is
    > > fine but feel the photos and other none text parts are a little fainter.
    > >
    > > Someone said it could be the fact I was comparing with a print out from
    an
    > > old cartridge and there will be variation from cartridge to cartridge.
    > > Someone else said that toner does go off especially if left in a bottle
    and
    > > in the light.
    > >
    > > Any tips appreciated.
    >
    > Where did you buy the toner? When I tried finding some to do my own
    > refills, I couldn't find any sources.
    >
    > Ray

    http://www.urefill.co.uk/

    I am in the UK but they deliver to Europe.

    Phil

    Hi Phil,

    I can't see how faint your print is but usually non genuine toner is not
    quite as black as original one. Most likely you have done a good job. Toner
    does not easily go off in the bottle if it was closed properly. I don't know
    where you live but here in Western Australia we get some quite high
    temperatures in summer but I had never any toner go off.
    Pictures show more likely low toner density which refill toner might have.
    If jet black is what you are after then you might be better of with new
    cartridges.

    Regards Roland Bruss

    > I wonder if anyone has experience with refilling laser toner cartridges?
    >
    > And how they got on?
    >
    > I have just done my first refill on my HP1300 and all went very smoothly
    and
    > printing almost same as usual. The only thing I noticed is that text is
    > fine but feel the photos and other none text parts are a little fainter.
    >
    > Someone said it could be the fact I was comparing with a print out from an
    > old cartridge and there will be variation from cartridge to cartridge.
    > Someone else said that toner does go off especially if left in a bottle
    and
    > in the light.
    >
    > Any tips appreciated.
    >
    > Phil

    The faintness has gone away and back to as good as before at a fraction of
    the cost.

    Phil

    "bruss" <angelika@westnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi Phil,
    >
    > I can't see how faint your print is but usually non genuine toner is not
    > quite as black as original one. Most likely you have done a good job.
    Toner
    > does not easily go off in the bottle if it was closed properly. I don't
    know
    > where you live but here in Western Australia we get some quite high
    > temperatures in summer but I had never any toner go off.
    > Pictures show more likely low toner density which refill toner might
    have.
    > If jet black is what you are after then you might be better of with new
    > cartridges.
    >
    > Regards Roland Bruss

Printers Peripherals