Refilling Laser Toner Cartridges

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
June 11, 2004 12:46:05 PM

I wonder if anyone has experience with refilling laser toner cartridges?

And how they got on?

I have just done my first refill on my HP1300 and all went very smoothly and
printing almost same as usual. The only thing I noticed is that text is
fine but feel the photos and other none text parts are a little fainter.

Someone said it could be the fact I was comparing with a print out from an
old cartridge and there will be variation from cartridge to cartridge.
Someone else said that toner does go off especially if left in a bottle and
in the light.

Any tips appreciated.

Phil
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 4:44:55 PM

Phil wrote:

> I wonder if anyone has experience with refilling laser toner cartridges?
>
> And how they got on?
>
> I have just done my first refill on my HP1300 and all went very smoothly and
> printing almost same as usual. The only thing I noticed is that text is
> fine but feel the photos and other none text parts are a little fainter.
>
> Someone said it could be the fact I was comparing with a print out from an
> old cartridge and there will be variation from cartridge to cartridge.
> Someone else said that toner does go off especially if left in a bottle and
> in the light.
>
> Any tips appreciated.

Where did you buy the toner? When I tried finding some to do my own
refills, I couldn't find any sources.

Ray
June 12, 2004 9:06:32 PM

"Ray K" <raykosXXX@optonline.net> wrote in message

> Phil wrote:
>
> > I wonder if anyone has experience with refilling laser toner cartridges?
> >
> > And how they got on?
> >
> > I have just done my first refill on my HP1300 and all went very smoothly
and
> > printing almost same as usual. The only thing I noticed is that text is
> > fine but feel the photos and other none text parts are a little fainter.
> >
> > Someone said it could be the fact I was comparing with a print out from
an
> > old cartridge and there will be variation from cartridge to cartridge.
> > Someone else said that toner does go off especially if left in a bottle
and
> > in the light.
> >
> > Any tips appreciated.
>
> Where did you buy the toner? When I tried finding some to do my own
> refills, I couldn't find any sources.
>
> Ray

http://www.urefill.co.uk/

I am in the UK but they deliver to Europe.

Phil
Related resources
June 13, 2004 2:28:21 AM

Hi Phil,

I can't see how faint your print is but usually non genuine toner is not
quite as black as original one. Most likely you have done a good job. Toner
does not easily go off in the bottle if it was closed properly. I don't know
where you live but here in Western Australia we get some quite high
temperatures in summer but I had never any toner go off.
Pictures show more likely low toner density which refill toner might have.
If jet black is what you are after then you might be better of with new
cartridges.

Regards Roland Bruss

> I wonder if anyone has experience with refilling laser toner cartridges?
>
> And how they got on?
>
> I have just done my first refill on my HP1300 and all went very smoothly
and
> printing almost same as usual. The only thing I noticed is that text is
> fine but feel the photos and other none text parts are a little fainter.
>
> Someone said it could be the fact I was comparing with a print out from an
> old cartridge and there will be variation from cartridge to cartridge.
> Someone else said that toner does go off especially if left in a bottle
and
> in the light.
>
> Any tips appreciated.
>
> Phil

June 13, 2004 2:28:22 AM

The faintness has gone away and back to as good as before at a fraction of
the cost.

Phil

!