JWK

From: Jim <luckyjim2000_2000@yahoonobloodyspam.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 20:45:32 +0100
> I have just bought a WD 200GB and I'm faced with the issue of does the
> 4PCA3+ support 48 Bit LBA, can anyone shed any light on this for me?

I would imagine so, but I have no experience with such a drive on the
i875 ports. I can confirm they work fine on the HPT374 port(s).

HTH,
Jurriaan
--
A train station is where a train stops.
A bus station is where a bus stops.

I have a 4PCA3+ with two 250GB Hitachi drives and the full amount of space
is available.

But your OS must also support 48 Bit LBA. I'm running XP Pro and it does
support 48 Bit addressing, but you need to check if that option is turned
on. Do a search on Microsoft's site and you should get several references
indicating how to test if the option is turned on.

Hope this helps!

JWK

From: jwk <_hate_spam_thunder7@xs4all.nl>
Date: 19 May 2004 19:16:54 GMT
> I would imagine so, but I have no experience with such a drive on the
> i875 ports. I can confirm they work fine on the HPT374 port(s).

Ah, yes, perhaps I should mention I run Linux :)

Jurriaan
--
The language of the Oracle is Truth, and his accent is ASCII.
The USENET Oracle

Jim

"Old Egypt" <Ramises@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a 4PCA3+ with two 250GB Hitachi drives and the full amount of space
> is available.
>
> But your OS must also support 48 Bit LBA. I'm running XP Pro and it does
> support 48 Bit addressing, but you need to check if that option is turned
> on. Do a search on Microsoft's site and you should get several references
> indicating how to test if the option is turned on.
>
> Hope this helps!

Thanks for reply, sorry for delay been very busy, I'm running both 98SE and
XP Pro SP1, but spend the vast majority of time in XP, thanks for tip i'll
head over to MS and see what they say about having option turned on, Thanks.