After installing SP2 on Windows XP Pro, my "Aopen O-35G" mouse has been
acting strange. Once in a while the mouse pointer moves by itself. I have
installed the latest driver, but when I switch to another user, the driver
doesn't seem to load. The first user to log on gets the driver...all mouse
functions work. When i switch to a different user...the mouse functions do
not work. I think it'a an "Aopen" driver problem, but not sure. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Try getting the latest XP driver from the manufacturer and install it in
device manager.

TAWhynot wrote:
> After installing SP2 on Windows XP Pro, my "Aopen O-35G" mouse has
> been acting strange. Once in a while the mouse pointer moves by
> itself. I have installed the latest driver, but when I switch to
> another user, the driver doesn't seem to load. The first user to log
> on gets the driver...all mouse functions work. When i switch to a
> different user...the mouse functions do not work. I think it'a an
> "Aopen" driver problem, but not sure. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi. I tried this already. I've installed the latest driver. It shows it's an
"Aopen" mouse in "Device Manager". I've even tried installing the driver in
both users. Still no luck. Thanks for your help though.

TAWhynot wrote:
> Hi. I tried this already. I've installed the latest driver. It shows
> it's an "Aopen" mouse in "Device Manager". I've even tried installing
> the driver in both users. Still no luck. Thanks for your help though.

If you delete the mouse from device manager, reboot, reinstall your new
driver (or try this in safe mode), any good?
Have you checked with the mouse mfr's website for help?

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Try getting the latest XP driver from the manufacturer and install
>> it in device manager.
>>
>> TAWhynot wrote:
>>> After installing SP2 on Windows XP Pro, my "Aopen O-35G" mouse has
>>> been acting strange. Once in a while the mouse pointer moves by
>>> itself. I have installed the latest driver, but when I switch to
>>> another user, the driver doesn't seem to load. The first user to log
>>> on gets the driver...all mouse functions work. When i switch to a
>>> different user...the mouse functions do not work. I think it'a an
>>> "Aopen" driver problem, but not sure. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi. I finally figured it out! I had to create a short cut in the start up
folders in all the users on the PC to point to the mouse driver. Now when any
user logs on, it finds the driver because it's in the users start up folder!
Finally. The Aopen site wasn't any help. Their email form was rediculous!
They wanted to know everything that was inside my PC. Type of RAM, part #'s,
BIOS version...etc. The form would not send without this info filled in! The
average user could not fill out this form. I could have, but didn't feel like
taking my PC apart! Thanks again for your help. If this issue comes up again,
now we know what to tell people.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> TAWhynot wrote:
> > Hi. I tried this already. I've installed the latest driver. It shows
> > it's an "Aopen" mouse in "Device Manager". I've even tried installing
> > the driver in both users. Still no luck. Thanks for your help though.
>
> If you delete the mouse from device manager, reboot, reinstall your new
> driver (or try this in safe mode), any good?
> Have you checked with the mouse mfr's website for help?
>

> > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
> >
> >> Try getting the latest XP driver from the manufacturer and install
> >> it in device manager.

The *driver* is in the startup folder??

TAWhynot wrote:
> Hi. I finally figured it out! I had to create a short cut in the
> start up folders in all the users on the PC to point to the mouse
> driver. Now when any user logs on, it finds the driver because it's
> in the users start up folder! Finally. The Aopen site wasn't any
> help. Their email form was rediculous! They wanted to know everything
> that was inside my PC. Type of RAM, part #'s, BIOS version...etc. The
> form would not send without this info filled in! The average user
> could not fill out this form. I could have, but didn't feel like
> taking my PC apart! Thanks again for your help. If this issue comes
> up again, now we know what to tell people.
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> TAWhynot wrote:
>>> Hi. I tried this already. I've installed the latest driver. It shows
>>> it's an "Aopen" mouse in "Device Manager". I've even tried
>>> installing the driver in both users. Still no luck. Thanks for your
>>> help though.
>>
>> If you delete the mouse from device manager, reboot, reinstall your
>> new driver (or try this in safe mode), any good?
>> Have you checked with the mouse mfr's website for help?

The driver was installed in "C:/Program Files/Aopen/Mouse". I created a
shortcut to this directory in the "Startup" folders of all the users on my
PC. Now who ever logs on, the mouse driver is found because it's in their
"Startup". This is the only way the driver will work for all the users. It's
something "Aopen" should know about. Their drivers should be tested to make
sure they are compatable with "Windows XP SP2". I didn't need the driver with
SP1. After installing SP2, the mouse would move by itself, so now I need the
driver. Hope you understand now? Thanks.

TAWhynot wrote:
> The driver was installed in "C:/Program Files/Aopen/Mouse".

Actually, no - that isn't the driver. It may be a management app for the
mouse, but the driver is installed in Windows and isn't something you can
execute/run.

> I created
> a shortcut to this directory in the "Startup" folders of all the
> users on my PC. Now who ever logs on, the mouse driver is found
> because it's in their "Startup". This is the only way the driver will
> work for all the users. It's something "Aopen" should know about.
> Their drivers should be tested to make sure they are compatable with
> "Windows XP SP2". I didn't need the driver with SP1.

You always need drivers - drivers are little pieces of software that tell
the OS what hardware it has and how to use it.

> After installing
> SP2, the mouse would move by itself, so now I need the driver. Hope
> you understand now? Thanks.

Not sure why running the mouse software would make a difference, but
whatever it is, I'm glad you resolved your problem.

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> The *driver* is in the startup folder??
>>
>> TAWhynot wrote:
>>> Hi. I finally figured it out! I had to create a short cut in the
>>> start up folders in all the users on the PC to point to the mouse
>>> driver. Now when any user logs on, it finds the driver because it's
>>> in the users start up folder! Finally. The Aopen site wasn't any
>>> help. Their email form was rediculous! They wanted to know
>>> everything that was inside my PC. Type of RAM, part #'s, BIOS
>>> version...etc. The form would not send without this info filled in!
>>> The average user could not fill out this form. I could have, but
>>> didn't feel like taking my PC apart! Thanks again for your help. If
>>> this issue comes up again, now we know what to tell people.

Hi. Well, not sure if it's the driver or the app., but now everything is
working fine. Strange, but as long as it works. Thanks for your info. I'm
closing this thread now.