Hi all,
I have windows xp home edition installed on my PC,With 4
user accounts on it. I have installed a second hard drive
on it. Two of the uer accounts are administraters (these
two have passwprds on them), the other two are limited.My
problem is, that on my computer the main hard drive has
limeted acccess to the users folders, eg; stephen
(passworded), joy( passworded), riley, cameron,This is
ok, but on the second hard drive its like an open folder
to all users, and you cant make it private like the main
hard drive.
Could anyone tell me how you can make private folders on
it, or make the hard drive have a password on it. I hope
someone can understand me question, and give me an
answer. If more information is requried please post a
question on this site.

Thanks to anyone that can help me.
Stephen

Only XP Pro can make a folder privite on the other drive. That is one of
the advantages to Pro.
Mike
"Stephen.d" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have windows xp home edition installed on my PC,With 4
> user accounts on it. I have installed a second hard drive
> on it. Two of the uer accounts are administraters (these
> two have passwprds on them), the other two are limited.My
> problem is, that on my computer the main hard drive has
> limeted acccess to the users folders, eg; stephen
> (passworded), joy( passworded), riley, cameron,This is
> ok, but on the second hard drive its like an open folder
> to all users, and you cant make it private like the main
> hard drive.
> Could anyone tell me how you can make private folders on
> it, or make the hard drive have a password on it. I hope
> someone can understand me question, and give me an
> answer. If more information is requried please post a
> question on this site.
>
> Thanks to anyone that can help me.
> Stephen

I just learned this weekend that XP Home can do the same thing. But you have
to boot in safe mode in order to do so. When you safe boot, you'll see the
same security options appear as you always have in XP Pro. That way it's
possible to limit access to drives, folders and files.

hit F8 at startup to boot in safe mode and select an account with admin
rights.

Tom