Jim

My old monitor lost its picture. I plugged in a new
monitor. Window XP looks fine when it's booting up but
when its time to select a user the picture is a zig zaggy
mess I can't tell who I'm selecting and I can't read
anything to adjust settings.
What do I do?

Sounds like the screen refresh rate is set wrong for the new monitor. You
will have to goto safe mode and remove the monitor in the display manager.
then re boot up. it should detect or install a driver at 60 hz refresh rate.
Mike