BIOS for 8K7A+

Hi Group,
I'm a bit confused about the name and date of the latest BIOS for the above
board. The board I have has a BIOS from May 29 2002 in it at present.
The BIOS I found on the EPOX Netherlands site seems to be older!
I also found a beta BIOS in the past but when I unzip it it seems to be
suspicously smaller in size than previous ones so I've shied off flashing
with that.
I'm looking for a BIOS that will recognize the AMD XP 2400+ I've put in it.
I seem to remember EPOX Tech posting something a about a new BIOS for this
board just a few months ago.
TIA
Leachim Sredna

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi,

AFAIK, the fastest cpu you can use is the XP2200, then you have to be
careful that it is the right one. I am using a 2100 and in most cases, you
do not get proportional benefits from a faster unit. The beta BIOS I have
(Sept 02?) does nothing very earth shattering, improves cpu recognition and
allows switching off the audio beep through external speakers. If you have
the RAID version be aware taht you must not get the RAID BIOS out of step
with the main BIOS. There are compatibility issues with some combinations.
There is an epox forum which the epox tech monitors on AMDMB.
John

"Leachim Sredna" <ma020348NOSPAM@aol.com> wrote in message
| Hi Group,
| I'm a bit confused about the name and date of the latest BIOS for the
above
| board. The board I have has a BIOS from May 29 2002 in it at present.
| The BIOS I found on the EPOX Netherlands site seems to be older!
| I also found a beta BIOS in the past but when I unzip it it seems to be
| suspicously smaller in size than previous ones so I've shied off flashing
| with that.
| I'm looking for a BIOS that will recognize the AMD XP 2400+ I've put in
it.
| I seem to remember EPOX Tech posting something a about a new BIOS for this
| board just a few months ago.
| TIA
| Leachim Sredna

Todd

You want the 2923 bios. If you can't find it send me an email, I have it.
tsauvenospam@shaw.ca

Remove the nospam part and it will get to me fine.

And yes, it will support the XP2400+. Have it running on mine right now :)
--
Todd

Hi

I have posted the 2-14-2003 BETA BIOS to our ftp site. Please note its
beta. I have no release notes for it.

ftp://ftp.epox.com/downloads/BIOS/forums/8k7a3214.bin

Technical Support Department
EPoX International, Inc.
support@epox.com
www.epox.com

Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard accessories...
BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more! https://www.epoxstore.com