Sound/Recording Problems- Microphone works for 1 second an..

jeff

I have A Pavilion ZE1250 HP computer. I get all system sounds correctly..
when checking "sounds" in control panel,
but when I connect the microphone..I get no more sounds from either the
system speakers or the headphones..
HP tech Support did not help either..!
Need help desperatly..!!

Thanks A lot !!

On the system tray is there a speaker icon or what looks like a volume
slider=click on it and see if the mic is enabled and volume for that turned
up. Hope this helps.