Sound/Recording Problems- Microphone works for 1 second an..

I have A Pavilion ZE1250 HP computer. I get all system sounds correctly..
when checking "sounds" in control panel,
but when I connect the microphone..I get no more sounds from either the
system speakers or the headphones..
HP tech Support did not help either..!
Need help desperatly..!!

Thanks A lot !!
1 answer Last reply
More about sound recording problems microphone works

    On the system tray is there a speaker icon or what looks like a volume
    slider=click on it and see if the mic is enabled and volume for that turned
    up. Hope this helps.

    "Jeff" wrote:

    > I have A Pavilion ZE1250 HP computer. I get all system sounds correctly..
    > when checking "sounds" in control panel,
    > but when I connect the microphone..I get no more sounds from either the
    > system speakers or the headphones..
    > HP tech Support did not help either..!
    > Need help desperatly..!!
    >
    > Thanks A lot !!