One of my capacitors is bulging AGAIN!

cjt

A few months ago I sent my Epox motherboard in to have the capacitors,
which were bulging and leaking, replaced. Today I had the lid off,
and I noticed that the top of one is bulging. I don't know whether it's
one that was obviously in need of replacement the last time, but I
assumed they did them all, since the problem was known to affect all
capacitors of a certain size, manufacture, and vintage.

I'm a bit peeved.

CJT

Sorry, please contact tech support via www.epox.com/usa/contact.asp to
arrange for a solution.

Technical Support Department
EPoX International, Inc.
support@epox.com
www.epox.com

Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard accessories...
BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more! https://www.epoxstore.com

"CJT" <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> A few months ago I sent my Epox motherboard in to have the capacitors,
> which were bulging and leaking, replaced. Today I had the lid off,
> and I noticed that the top of one is bulging. I don't know whether it's
> one that was obviously in need of replacement the last time, but I
> assumed they did them all, since the problem was known to affect all
> capacitors of a certain size, manufacture, and vintage.
>
> I'm a bit peeved.
>
> --
> The e-mail address in our reply-to line is reversed in an attempt to
> minimize spam. Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.

michel

CJT wrote:

> A few months ago I sent my Epox motherboard in to have the capacitors,
> which were bulging and leaking, replaced. Today I had the lid off,
> and I noticed that the top of one is bulging. I don't know whether it's
> one that was obviously in need of replacement the last time, but I
> assumed they did them all, since the problem was known to affect all
> capacitors of a certain size, manufacture, and vintage.
>
> I'm a bit peeved.

Can you give the type number of that board.
That gives this newgroup a indication of Epox is still using bad capacitors

Michel

cjt

Michel wrote:

> CJT wrote:
>

>>A few months ago I sent my Epox motherboard in to have the capacitors,
>>which were bulging and leaking, replaced. Today I had the lid off,
>>and I noticed that the top of one is bulging. I don't know whether it's
>>one that was obviously in need of replacement the last time, but I
>>assumed they did them all, since the problem was known to affect all
>>capacitors of a certain size, manufacture, and vintage.
>>
>>I'm a bit peeved.
>>

> Can you give the type number of that board.
> That gives this newgroup a indication of Epox is still using bad capacitors
>
> Michel

I think it's more likely they only replaced the ones that were bulging
or leaking the first time around, so that the one that's bulging now is
one of the originals. But that in itself is pretty disappointing.
Given the nature of the problem, it seems to me the reasonable/prudent
thing to do would have been to replace them all when I sent it in the
first time.

FWIW, it's an 8KTA3+Pro.