8kda3+ Cool-n-Quiet can not find it

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
June 13, 2004 5:02:49 PM

Hello Everyone
I am trying to install Windows XP 64bit for AMD and can not get past
starting to install.
I have the new Epox motherboard and a ATI 9600xt and a SATA drive.

BTW the book says it has "Cool-n-Quiet" but I can't see in my bios anywhere
unless they moved it???
Any ideas??????????
Thanks

More about : 8kda3 cool quiet find

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 13, 2004 5:02:50 PM

"spock" <captainspock@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone
> I am trying to install Windows XP 64bit for AMD and can not get past
> starting to install.
> I have the new Epox motherboard and a ATI 9600xt and a SATA drive.
>
> BTW the book says it has "Cool-n-Quiet" but I can't see in my bios
anywhere
> unless they moved it???
> Any ideas??????????
> Thanks

You should be able to find Cool 'n' Quiet in the Power Management setup
section of the bios.
--
Steve Midgley
Anonymous

I just found out why I could not access Cool n Quiet
I need to have my memory in DIMM1 otherwise it will not work.
"Steve Midgley" <smidgley@com.net> wrote in message
> "spock" <captainspock@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hello Everyone
> > I am trying to install Windows XP 64bit for AMD and can not get past
> > starting to install.
> > I have the new Epox motherboard and a ATI 9600xt and a SATA drive.
> >
> > BTW the book says it has "Cool-n-Quiet" but I can't see in my bios
> anywhere
> > unless they moved it???
> > Any ideas??????????
> > Thanks
>
> You should be able to find Cool 'n' Quiet in the Power Management setup
> section of the bios.
> --
> Steve Midgley

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 18, 2004 4:52:25 AM

What bios version are you using?

> I just found out why I could not access Cool n Quiet
> I need to have my memory in DIMM1 otherwise it will not work.
> "Steve Midgley" <smidgley@com.net> wrote in message
> > "spock" <captainspock@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > > Hello Everyone
> > > I am trying to install Windows XP 64bit for AMD and can not get past
> > > starting to install.
> > > I have the new Epox motherboard and a ATI 9600xt and a SATA drive.
> > >
> > > BTW the book says it has "Cool-n-Quiet" but I can't see in my bios
> > anywhere
> > > unless they moved it???
> > > Any ideas??????????
> > > Thanks
> >
> > You should be able to find Cool 'n' Quiet in the Power Management setup
> > section of the bios.
> > --
> > Steve Midgley

---
a b V Motherboard
June 18, 2004 5:32:58 PM

5/5/2004
"LBJGH" <bite_mee@hotsnail.back> wrote in message
news:D 1rAc.71$xrj.60@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...
> What bios version are you using?
>

> "spock" <captainspock@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > I just found out why I could not access Cool n Quiet
> > I need to have my memory in DIMM1 otherwise it will not work.
> > "Steve Midgley" <smidgley@com.net> wrote in message
> > > "spock" <captainspock@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> > > anywhere
> > >
> > > You should be able to find Cool 'n' Quiet in the Power Management
setup
> > > section of the bios.
> > > --
> > > Steve Midgley
> > >

> ---

a b V Motherboard
June 19, 2004 1:14:46 AM

Thanks... I expect to get my board on Tuesday... damn this wait!

> 5/5/2004
> "LBJGH" <bite_mee@hotsnail.back> wrote in message
> news:D 1rAc.71$xrj.60@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...
> > What bios version are you using?
> >

> > "spock" <captainspock@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > > I just found out why I could not access Cool n Quiet
> > > I need to have my memory in DIMM1 otherwise it will not work.
> > > "Steve Midgley" <smidgley@com.net> wrote in message

> setup
> > > >

> > ---

---