8kda3+ Cool-n-Quiet can not find it

Hello Everyone
I am trying to install Windows XP 64bit for AMD and can not get past
starting to install.
I have the new Epox motherboard and a ATI 9600xt and a SATA drive.

BTW the book says it has "Cool-n-Quiet" but I can't see in my bios anywhere
unless they moved it???
Any ideas??????????
Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about 8kda3 cool quiet find
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    "spock" <captainspock@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hello Everyone
    > I am trying to install Windows XP 64bit for AMD and can not get past
    > starting to install.
    > I have the new Epox motherboard and a ATI 9600xt and a SATA drive.
    >
    > BTW the book says it has "Cool-n-Quiet" but I can't see in my bios
    anywhere
    > unless they moved it???
    > Any ideas??????????
    > Thanks

    You should be able to find Cool 'n' Quiet in the Power Management setup
    section of the bios.
    --
    Steve Midgley
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    I just found out why I could not access Cool n Quiet
    I need to have my memory in DIMM1 otherwise it will not work.
    "Steve Midgley" <smidgley@com.net> wrote in message
    > "spock" <captainspock@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > > Hello Everyone
    > > I am trying to install Windows XP 64bit for AMD and can not get past
    > > starting to install.
    > > I have the new Epox motherboard and a ATI 9600xt and a SATA drive.
    > >
    > > BTW the book says it has "Cool-n-Quiet" but I can't see in my bios
    > anywhere
    > > unless they moved it???
    > > Any ideas??????????
    > > Thanks
    >
    > You should be able to find Cool 'n' Quiet in the Power Management setup
    > section of the bios.
    > --
    > Steve Midgley

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    What bios version are you using?

    > I just found out why I could not access Cool n Quiet
    > I need to have my memory in DIMM1 otherwise it will not work.
    > "Steve Midgley" <smidgley@com.net> wrote in message
    > > "spock" <captainspock@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > > > Hello Everyone
    > > > I am trying to install Windows XP 64bit for AMD and can not get past
    > > > starting to install.
    > > > I have the new Epox motherboard and a ATI 9600xt and a SATA drive.
    > > >
    > > > BTW the book says it has "Cool-n-Quiet" but I can't see in my bios
    > > anywhere
    > > > unless they moved it???
    > > > Any ideas??????????
    > > > Thanks
    > >
    > > You should be able to find Cool 'n' Quiet in the Power Management setup
    > > section of the bios.
    > > --
    > > Steve Midgley

    ---
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    5/5/2004
    "LBJGH" <bite_mee@hotsnail.back> wrote in message
    > What bios version are you using?
    >

    > "spock" <captainspock@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > > I just found out why I could not access Cool n Quiet
    > > I need to have my memory in DIMM1 otherwise it will not work.
    > > "Steve Midgley" <smidgley@com.net> wrote in message
    > > > "spock" <captainspock@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

    > > > anywhere
    > > >
    > > > You should be able to find Cool 'n' Quiet in the Power Management
    setup
    > > > section of the bios.
    > > > --
    > > > Steve Midgley
    > > >

    > ---

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    Thanks... I expect to get my board on Tuesday... damn this wait!

    > 5/5/2004
    > "LBJGH" <bite_mee@hotsnail.back> wrote in message
    > > What bios version are you using?
    > >

    > > "spock" <captainspock@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > > > I just found out why I could not access Cool n Quiet
    > > > I need to have my memory in DIMM1 otherwise it will not work.
    > > > "Steve Midgley" <smidgley@com.net> wrote in message

    > setup
    > > > >

    > > ---

    ---