USDM ?

anyone know how to get this utility to accept a third fan for display. I
recognises my CPU FAN and my SYSTEM FAN but not any of the other fans I have
connected even though they're using the rest of the motherboards fan
connectors and the rest using Molex connectors.

Robin

"robin.gordon1" <robin.gordon1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> anyone know how to get this utility to accept a third fan for display. I
> recognises my CPU FAN and my SYSTEM FAN but not any of the other fans I
have
> connected even though they're using the rest of the motherboards fan
> connectors and the rest using Molex connectors.

Which mainboard? USDM finds all my 8RDA+ fans connected to the
Fan headers but they do need to be three wire types, of course.

Robin

What model board?

Technical Support Department
EPoX International, Inc.
support@epox.com
www.epox.com

Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard accessories...
BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more! https://www.epoxstore.com

"EPoX Tech" <support@epox.com> wrote in news:tO_zc.14364$OD4.13894
@fe39.usenetserver.com:

> Robin
>
> What model board?

I'd be interested in the answer to this. I have an 8KRA2+ and the latest
USDM shows my CPU fan and my chassis fan working but not the power supply
fan, although all 3 fans are working correctly, and if I swap the chasis
and power supply fan cables over the power one shows as running on the
chassis fan display so there is nothing wrong with the fan itself, just
that USDM does not seem to correctly monitor the power supply fan signals!

Stuart

Stuart Rogers wrote:
> I'd be interested in the answer to this. I have an 8KRA2+ and the latest
> USDM shows my CPU fan and my chassis fan working but not the power supply
> fan, although all 3 fans are working correctly, and if I swap the chasis
> and power supply fan cables over the power one shows as running on the
> chassis fan display so there is nothing wrong with the fan itself, just
> that USDM does not seem to correctly monitor the power supply fan signals!

On the 8K3A+, only two of the three fan headers are monitored; other models
may be the same. The manual should say which is which.

Paul Taylor Veni, vidi, tici -
birder@ozemail.com.au I came, I saw, I ticked.

Paul Taylor <birder@ozemail.com.au> wrote in

> Stuart Rogers wrote:
>> I'd be interested in the answer to this. I have an 8KRA2+ and the
>> latest USDM shows my CPU fan and my chassis fan working but not the
>> power supply fan, although all 3 fans are working correctly, and if I
>> swap the chasis and power supply fan cables over the power one shows
>> as running on the chassis fan display so there is nothing wrong with
>> the fan itself, just that USDM does not seem to correctly monitor the
>> power supply fan signals!
>
> On the 8K3A+, only two of the three fan headers are monitored; other
> models may be the same. The manual should say which is which.

OK so in PC Health status in BIOS it only shows CPU and Chassis fans so I
guess the power supply one is not monitored, although I can't find anywhere
where it says explicitly! The pinouts for the headers show a sense pin
which seems to show the capability is there just not used on the power
header!

Stuart