Epox 8RDA3+ questions need some answers please :)

Epox 8RDA3+ questions need some answers please :)

I want to buy a new board and i want to try a 8RDA3+ and i just want
to know a few things before hand.

1/ What is the current latest revision, ive seen 3.1 and 3.2 and 3.3 ?

2/ I want to overclock do you recommend some Corsair 3700 ram or
other.

3/ I want to put a Mobile Barton 2500 and overclock to atleast 2500
possible ?

4/ Are the Mulipliers locked to 12.5 with the mobile cpus getting
mixed messages some say no some yes ? on the latest Revision iam
talking about !!

5/ A BIG QUESTION, i heard LOTS of probs with bad capacitors,
Checksum, errors bad bios chips ??? no idea what revisions the people
who posted these things about becuase they never say :), all i want to
know with the latest revisions is everything irioned out ?

6/ They stoped puting the bad caps in the boards right ?, i heard this
story this comapy stole the recipe for caps but did not get all the
ingredients and mobo companys bought them and that was BAD :( this
could be untrue i did read it on the net.

7/ From all the stuff i read my instint is to RUN LIKE HELL away from
Epox but for some reason i want one :(, its only 150 bucks and the
place i want to buy from have a 2 year warranty so iam ok, just don't
want to open my case in the future to see caps buldgeing and leaking
all over the place, YOU HEAR THAT EPOX, grrrrrrrrrrr, Meooooooooow :)

If you can help with this thanks.

Scott Backular wrote:
> 5/ A BIG QUESTION, i heard LOTS of probs with bad capacitors,
> Checksum, errors bad bios chips ??? no idea what revisions the people
> who posted these things about becuase they never say :), all i want to
> know with the latest revisions is everything irioned out ?

A few years ago (around the 8KHA+ era), this problem affected most, if
not all, manufacturers; even Sun Microsystems got bitten with their
SunRay 1 thin clients.

> 6/ They stoped puting the bad caps in the boards right ?, i heard this
> story this comapy stole the recipe for caps but did not get all the
> ingredients and mobo companys bought them and that was BAD :( this
> could be untrue i did read it on the net.

You'd think so, but Asus recently had a bad batch on their K8V Deluxe
motherboards. That bothers me, because there may be more motherboard
"time bombs" waiting to go off - hopefully it was an isolated case.

Paul Taylor Veni, vidi, tici -
birder@ozemail.com.au I came, I saw, I ticked.