EPoX Tech, please advise with 4G4A+ board. Anyone please j..

Hello,

I've owned and used an EP-4G4A+ for quite some time, and was under the
impression that this board did not support Hyper Threading.

Though this board is outdated now, I would like to get as much out of
it as possible.

Now I read at the Epox URL below that it does support it.

http://www.epox.com/USA/product.asp?ID=EP-4G4Aplus

Since the manual that came in the box with my board at the time that I
purchased it makes no mention of Hyper Threading at all, I am still
weary about purchasing a 533 FSB P-4 CPU for it.

Can you clarify for me if this board indeed supports Hyper threading,
and if it does, what is the fastest Hyper Threading P-4 CPU it will
support?

Some specs on my particular board follow:

Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID 05/16/2003-i845G-W83627-6A69VPAKC-00
Motherboard Name Epox EP-4G4A(+)/4G4AI/4G4AN/4G4AP/4G4AR

Any help appreciated!

jardinero123@yahoo.com (jardinero) wrote in message news:<c5b4dcb1.0406251112.cb57ae4@posting.google.com>...
> Hello,
>
> I've owned and used an EP-4G4A+ for quite some time, and was under the
> impression that this board did not support Hyper Threading.
>
> Though this board is outdated now, I would like to get as much out of
> it as possible.
>
> Now I read at the Epox URL below that it does support it.
>
> http://www.epox.com/USA/product.asp?ID=EP-4G4Aplus
>
> Since the manual that came in the box with my board at the time that I
> purchased it makes no mention of Hyper Threading at all, I am still
> weary about purchasing a 533 FSB P-4 CPU for it.
>
> Can you clarify for me if this board indeed supports Hyper threading,
> and if it does, what is the fastest Hyper Threading P-4 CPU it will
> support?

> Some specs on my particular board follow:
>
> Motherboard Properties
> Motherboard ID 05/16/2003-i845G-W83627-6A69VPAKC-00
> Motherboard Name Epox EP-4G4A(+)/4G4AI/4G4AN/4G4AP/4G4AR
>
> Any help appreciated!

Still need to know...

jardinero123@yahoo.com (jardinero) wrote in message news:<c5b4dcb1.0406261556.459f4a9@posting.google.com>...
> jardinero123@yahoo.com (jardinero) wrote in message news:<c5b4dcb1.0406251112.cb57ae4@posting.google.com>...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've owned and used an EP-4G4A+ for quite some time, and was under the
> > impression that this board did not support Hyper Threading.
> >
> > Though this board is outdated now, I would like to get as much out of
> > it as possible.
> >
> > Now I read at the Epox URL below that it does support it.
> >
> > http://www.epox.com/USA/product.asp?ID=EP-4G4Aplus
> >
> > Since the manual that came in the box with my board at the time that I
> > purchased it makes no mention of Hyper Threading at all, I am still
> > weary about purchasing a 533 FSB P-4 CPU for it.
> >
> > Can you clarify for me if this board indeed supports Hyper threading,
> > and if it does, what is the fastest Hyper Threading P-4 CPU it will
> > support?

> > Some specs on my particular board follow:
> >
> > Motherboard Properties
> > Motherboard ID 05/16/2003-i845G-W83627-6A69VPAKC-00
> > Motherboard Name Epox EP-4G4A(+)/4G4AI/4G4AN/4G4AP/4G4AR
> >
> > Any help appreciated!
>
> Still need to know...

Never mind, they changed the Website to reflect that these boards
don't support Hyperthreading.