CD-RW Drive and DVD Drive won't read the disk

When I put a disk into either of the drives I get a message " Please insert
disk into drive" when I try and access the disk. The drive icon in explorer
changes from CD-RW drive to CD-R or CD Rom depending on the disk inserted,
but explorer will not open the disk, get message as above.

Any ideas

Thanx
2 answers Last reply
More about drive drive read disk

    Joe, I get the same **** thing happening to me. Gotta love this new SP2, huh?

    If you find anything out please let me know.

    "Joe" wrote:

    > When I put a disk into either of the drives I get a message " Please insert
    > disk into drive" when I try and access the disk. The drive icon in explorer
    > changes from CD-RW drive to CD-R or CD Rom depending on the disk inserted,
    > but explorer will not open the disk, get message as above.
    >
    > Any ideas
    >
    > Thanx

    I had the same problem and fixed it just now using the method I found in
    the discussion below.

    My problem was with my USB-Flash-drive (aka thumb drive or pen drive) the
    software (u-storage) that came with the drive was causing the problem,
    uninstalling it fixed everything and the USB-flash-drive still works without
    it.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware&tid=b6551cf4-0246-444c-88ae-5a1e2d2d0609&cat=en-us-ms-winxp&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1

CD-Rom DVD Drives Windows XP