CD-RW Drive and DVD Drive won't read the disk

October 10, 2004 6:25:04 AM

When I put a disk into either of the drives I get a message " Please insert
disk into drive" when I try and access the disk. The drive icon in explorer
changes from CD-RW drive to CD-R or CD Rom depending on the disk inserted,
but explorer will not open the disk, get message as above.

Any ideas

Thanx

More about : drive dvd drive read disk

Anonymous
October 11, 2004 1:09:07 AM

Joe, I get the same **** thing happening to me. Gotta love this new SP2, huh?

If you find anything out please let me know.

"Joe" wrote:

> When I put a disk into either of the drives I get a message " Please insert
> disk into drive" when I try and access the disk. The drive icon in explorer
> changes from CD-RW drive to CD-R or CD Rom depending on the disk inserted,
> but explorer will not open the disk, get message as above.
>
> Any ideas
>
> Thanx
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 4:35:03 AM

I had the same problem and fixed it just now using the method I found in
the discussion below.

My problem was with my USB-Flash-drive (aka thumb drive or pen drive) the
software (u-storage) that came with the drive was causing the problem,
uninstalling it fixed everything and the USB-flash-drive still works without
it.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...
!