windows xp and 8KHA+ ACPI question and VIA driver question

a simple question. If I install windows xp either as a fresh install or for
a windows 98 SE upgrade, should I leave the ACPI setting as enabled, or do I
disable it? Also - do I need to install the VIA drivers?

alan

---
More about windows 8kha acpi question driver question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    "Alan" <moskowa1NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > a simple question. If I install windows xp either as a fresh install or
    > for a windows 98 SE upgrade, should I leave the ACPI setting as enabled,
    > or do I disable it? Also - do I need to install the VIA drivers?

    Yes, leave acpi on (as is) and do a clean install - no upgrade over SE!
    It saves u pain an possible compatibility issues. I went trough this last
    month..
    XP has those drivers on board but you don't do anything wrong by getting the
    latest one and update it.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    steven
    Ok thanks very much. I will also check Via website or epox site and see
    about new drivers. What about the sound drivers? assume I use windows
    version?

    alan

    "Steven K" <nospam@bigpond.com> wrote in message
    > "Alan" <moskowa1NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > a simple question. If I install windows xp either as a fresh install or
    > > for a windows 98 SE upgrade, should I leave the ACPI setting as enabled,
    > > or do I disable it? Also - do I need to install the VIA drivers?
    > >

    > Yes, leave acpi on (as is) and do a clean install - no upgrade over SE!
    > It saves u pain an possible compatibility issues. I went trough this last
    > month..
    > XP has those drivers on board but you don't do anything wrong by getting
    the
    > latest one and update it.

    ---
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    > steven
    > Ok thanks very much. I will also check Via website or epox site and see
    > about new drivers. What about the sound drivers? assume I use windows
    > version?

    Alan, in general terms, if there are newer drivers available for XP then
    do install them! XP has a lot drivers on board but naturally they are
    outdated by now for most devices. It is always a good idea to visit
    manufacturers' web sites and get the latest before switching the OS

Epox Virus Windows XP Motherboards