windows xp and 8KHA+ ACPI question and VIA driver question

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 30, 2004 4:24:10 AM

a simple question. If I install windows xp either as a fresh install or for
a windows 98 SE upgrade, should I leave the ACPI setting as enabled, or do I
disable it? Also - do I need to install the VIA drivers?

alan

---
a b V Motherboard
June 30, 2004 10:31:45 AM

"Alan" <moskowa1NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> a simple question. If I install windows xp either as a fresh install or
> for a windows 98 SE upgrade, should I leave the ACPI setting as enabled,
> or do I disable it? Also - do I need to install the VIA drivers?

Yes, leave acpi on (as is) and do a clean install - no upgrade over SE!
It saves u pain an possible compatibility issues. I went trough this last
month..
XP has those drivers on board but you don't do anything wrong by getting the
latest one and update it.
July 1, 2004 4:49:54 AM

steven
Ok thanks very much. I will also check Via website or epox site and see
about new drivers. What about the sound drivers? assume I use windows
version?

alan

"Steven K" <nospam@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> "Alan" <moskowa1NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > a simple question. If I install windows xp either as a fresh install or
> > for a windows 98 SE upgrade, should I leave the ACPI setting as enabled,
> > or do I disable it? Also - do I need to install the VIA drivers?
> >

> Yes, leave acpi on (as is) and do a clean install - no upgrade over SE!
> It saves u pain an possible compatibility issues. I went trough this last
> month..
> XP has those drivers on board but you don't do anything wrong by getting
the
> latest one and update it.

---
a b V Motherboard
July 1, 2004 5:12:27 AM

> steven
> Ok thanks very much. I will also check Via website or epox site and see
> about new drivers. What about the sound drivers? assume I use windows
> version?

Alan, in general terms, if there are newer drivers available for XP then
do install them! XP has a lot drivers on board but naturally they are
outdated by now for most devices. It is always a good idea to visit
manufacturers' web sites and get the latest before switching the OS
!