Audio Hardware Problem (code 10) 'this device cannot start'

I recently upgraded to XP SP2 via windows update and my
on-board sound card stopped functioning. XP installs a
driver for: (C-Media A97 Audio device) and i am not sure
what my sound card is.
Anyway, i reformatted my system drive and re-installed XP
with SP2 but this hasnt worked either.
Any suggestions???

R. Miller wrote:
> I recently upgraded to XP SP2 via windows update and my
> on-board sound card stopped functioning. XP installs a
> driver for: (C-Media A97 Audio device) and i am not sure
> what my sound card is.
> Anyway, i reformatted my system drive and re-installed XP
> with SP2 but this hasnt worked either.
> Any suggestions???

Contact your computer mfr's website for info on what your sound card is and
download the latest device driver for it, and install it in Device Manager.