HP 6110 advice please

I am considering the HP 6110 all in one printer-fax-scanner-copier. I need
the use of all 3 functions. My main concern is that you cannot send faxes
from your computer but I can live with that. I'm also concerned that this
unit has been around for over a year which means it is well behind HP's
usually schedule of model upgrading. I wonder if something to replace the
6110 will be out anytime soon? If so I may wait for it. I would appreciate
any comments pro and con. Thanks.

Eddie

I have been using this machine since last NOV and I am pleased with the
performance. I have sent faxes from both the machine and my computer.

As to newer models, have no idea.

"Eddie E" <hicks@youpeople.net> wrote in message
: I am considering the HP 6110 all in one printer-fax-scanner-copier. I need
: the use of all 3 functions. My main concern is that you cannot send faxes
: from your computer but I can live with that. I'm also concerned that this
: unit has been around for over a year which means it is well behind HP's
: usually schedule of model upgrading. I wonder if something to replace the
: 6110 will be out anytime soon? If so I may wait for it. I would appreciate
: any comments pro and con. Thanks.
:
: Eddie
:
:

I very much appreciate your reply. You say you have sent faxes from both the
printer and the computer. I read a couple of reviews that say you cannot
send faxes from your computer through the 6110. Did you send the faxes
directly from your computer using Winfax or something similar or did you
send the fax from your computer through the HP 6110? Thanks again.

Eddie

"Traveling" <hotmail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have been using this machine since last NOV and I am pleased with the
> performance. I have sent faxes from both the machine and my computer.
>
> As to newer models, have no idea.
>

> "Eddie E" <hicks@youpeople.net> wrote in message
> : I am considering the HP 6110 all in one printer-fax-scanner-copier. I
need
> : the use of all 3 functions. My main concern is that you cannot send
faxes
> : from your computer but I can live with that. I'm also concerned that
this
> : unit has been around for over a year which means it is well behind HP's
> : usually schedule of model upgrading. I wonder if something to replace
the
> : 6110 will be out anytime soon? If so I may wait for it. I would
appreciate
> : any comments pro and con. Thanks.
> :
> : Eddie
> :
> :

I have sent faxes using winfax
also sent directly from the flatbed of the 6110
DID not nor try to send from the computer through the fax. ( WHY would I?)

DO very little faxing but most of the time it depends if it is either a form
filled out and then faxed from flatbed or from a scanned image.

I did send a fax in winfax. It was a file from quicken

I have only received one fax and that was directly to my 6110 DID not have
the winfax active.

My workflow is usually 8-10 pages of print per week, I don't use the color
too often. Any photo prints are done with a dedicated photo printer. Scan
about 5-8 items per week most of them older small pictures.

: I very much appreciate your reply. You say you have sent faxes from both
the
: printer and the computer. I read a couple of reviews that say you cannot
: send faxes from your computer through the 6110. Did you send the faxes
: directly from your computer using Winfax or something similar or did you
: send the fax from your computer through the HP 6110? Thanks again.
:
: Eddie
:
: "Traveling" <hotmail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: news:qMqyc.56247$tI2.51722@fed1read07...
: > I have been using this machine since last NOV and I am pleased with the
: > performance. I have sent faxes from both the machine and my computer.
: >
[...]
: > :
: > : Eddie
: > :