8RDA+ IDE HDD identified as SCSI?

I have an Athlon XP 2500+ with an 8RDA motherboard. It works fine, but
when I looked in the device manager, it thinks all my IDE devices are
SCSI. What is going on? I have a 16X DVD drive, and two ATA-100 hard
drives that use an IDE interface. All are functional - just identified
in Windows XP as SCSI.

This is important because I get weird errors with my DVD-writer.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about 8rda identified scsi
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    "Jerry Huang" <jch8438@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have an Athlon XP 2500+ with an 8RDA motherboard. It works fine, but
    > when I looked in the device manager, it thinks all my IDE devices are
    > SCSI. What is going on? I have a 16X DVD drive, and two ATA-100 hard
    > drives that use an IDE interface. All are functional - just identified
    > in Windows XP as SCSI.

    assuming you have the VIA ide driver (Hyperion 1451) installed?!
    You can try to delete these devices from the device manager - next reboot
    then might show up as ide devices.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 06:27:19 GMT, "Steven K" <nospam@bigpond.com>
    wrote:

    >"Jerry Huang" <jch8438@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> I have an Athlon XP 2500+ with an 8RDA motherboard. It works fine, but
    >> when I looked in the device manager, it thinks all my IDE devices are
    >> SCSI. What is going on? I have a 16X DVD drive, and two ATA-100 hard
    >> drives that use an IDE interface. All are functional - just identified
    >> in Windows XP as SCSI.
    >>

    >assuming you have the VIA ide driver (Hyperion 1451) installed?!
    >You can try to delete these devices from the device manager - next reboot
    >then might show up as ide devices.

    The 8rda does not use a VIA chipset. Known issue! You are using old
    mainboard drivers. Go to Nvidia' s web site and download the newsest
    platform drivers.

    Wad
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    Jerry

    Did you install the NVIDIA SW-IDE driver when prompted during setup?

    Technical Support Department
    EPoX International, Inc.
    support@epox.com
    www.epox.com

    Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard accessories...
    BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more! https://www.epoxstore.com

    "Jerry Huang" <jch8438@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have an Athlon XP 2500+ with an 8RDA motherboard. It works fine, but
    > when I looked in the device manager, it thinks all my IDE devices are
    > SCSI. What is going on? I have a 16X DVD drive, and two ATA-100 hard
    > drives that use an IDE interface. All are functional - just identified
    > in Windows XP as SCSI.
    >
    > This is important because I get weird errors with my DVD-writer.
    >
    > Thanks

Epox SCSI Hard Drives Windows XP Motherboards