good, inexpensive all-in-one laser?

While most all-in-ones are ink-jet, office supply stores stock at least
one of each maker's laser-based units that scan in color, even if they
don't print it. I'm looking for one for moderate office use, supplemented
by a color inkjet to keep ink costs down.

Brendan

On 11 Jun 2004 23:54:09 GMT, ck183@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Brendan R. Wehrung)
found these unused words floating about:

>While most all-in-ones are ink-jet, office supply stores stock at least
>one of each maker's laser-based units that scan in color, even if they
>don't print it. I'm looking for one for moderate office use, supplemented
>by a color inkjet to keep ink costs down.
>
>Brendan

"color inkjet to keep ink costs down" ... HUH ???

Inkjunks are far MORE expensive than lasers, per page - even in colour !!!

DaveC

Distinguished
May 8, 2004

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 07:40:41 -0700, J. A. Mc. wrote
(in article <2e5mc0t2ljeri0gin11o12r7p1vvp6dknu@4ax.com>):

> On 11 Jun 2004 23:54:09 GMT, ck183@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Brendan R. Wehrung)
> found these unused words floating about:

>> While most all-in-ones are ink-jet, office supply stores stock at least
>> one of each maker's laser-based units that scan in color, even if they
>> don't print it. I'm looking for one for moderate office use, supplemented
>> by a color inkjet to keep ink costs down.

> "color inkjet to keep ink costs down" ... HUH ???
>
> Inkjunks are far MORE expensive than lasers, per page - even in colour !!!

I think he means "an inkjet printer supplemented by a laser to keep ink costs
down". (A bit a mix-up of articles -- grammar, y'know.)
--
DaveC
me@privacy.net

J. A. Mc. (jaSPAMc@gbr.online.com) writes:
> On 11 Jun 2004 23:54:09 GMT, ck183@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Brendan R. Wehrung)
> found these unused words floating about:
>
>>While most all-in-ones are ink-jet, office supply stores stock at least
>>one of each maker's laser-based units that scan in color, even if they
>>don't print it. I'm looking for one for moderate office use, supplemented
>>by a color inkjet to keep ink costs down.
>>
>>Brendan
>
> "color inkjet to keep ink costs down" ... HUH ???
>
> Inkjunks are far MORE expensive than lasers, per page - even in colour !!!

Sorry, not clear, as in "do most of the copying/printing with laser to
keep the costs down."

Brendan

DaveC (me@privacy.net) writes:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 07:40:41 -0700, J. A. Mc. wrote
> (in article <2e5mc0t2ljeri0gin11o12r7p1vvp6dknu@4ax.com>):
>
>> On 11 Jun 2004 23:54:09 GMT, ck183@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Brendan R. Wehrung)
>> found these unused words floating about:
>
>>> While most all-in-ones are ink-jet, office supply stores stock at least
>>> one of each maker's laser-based units that scan in color, even if they
>>> don't print it. I'm looking for one for moderate office use, supplemented
>>> by a color inkjet to keep ink costs down.
>
>> "color inkjet to keep ink costs down" ... HUH ???
>>
>> Inkjunks are far MORE expensive than lasers, per page - even in colour !!!
>
> I think he means "an inkjet printer supplemented by a laser to keep ink costs
> down". (A bit a mix-up of articles -- grammar, y'know.)
> --
> DaveC
> me@privacy.net
> This is an invalid return address