Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

front panel audio port

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 8:25:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

i have a separate pci audio card, and even though i correctly connected the
front audio port on my case to the motherboard, the front audio wont work...
please help!!

More about : front panel audio port

Anonymous
October 10, 2004 11:13:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

If it doesn't work, how do you know you "correctly"
connected the PCI audio and front port?

Does the card show in device manager? Are the front
ports,speaker ports or line in/out ports? What brand is
this PCI card, a name brand such as TurtleBeach or Audigy or
something cheap you found at a flea market? Did it come
with a manual that was well written?


--
The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.


"keisuke" <keisuke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
news:EDBE9ED7-BB5C-416A-997C-DF7B1120218A@microsoft.com...
|i have a separate pci audio card, and even though i
correctly connected the
| front audio port on my case to the motherboard, the front
audio wont work...
| please help!!
Anonymous
October 11, 2004 9:51:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Umm, are you using the onboard sound or the PCI Audio card? You need to
connect the front panel to the sound source you are using. That may be
your problem.

-----
Nathan McNulty

keisuke wrote:
> i have a separate pci audio card, and even though i correctly connected the
> front audio port on my case to the motherboard, the front audio wont work...
> please help!!
Related resources
Anonymous
October 13, 2004 5:33:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

yes i am using my pci audio card, which is a sound blaster audigy ls... so
would that mean that i have to connect my front panel to the sound card?? but
i was only able to find two 4-pin headers, a single row of 10 pins, and 2
rows with 3 on one row and 5 on the other... it seems like it should be the
one with 2 rows, but the pins are unmarked, and they dont match the pin
arrangement of my connector on the case. it also doensn't say anything about
the front panel connection on the sound card guide book..

"Nathan McNulty" wrote:

> Umm, are you using the onboard sound or the PCI Audio card? You need to
> connect the front panel to the sound source you are using. That may be
> your problem.
>
> -----
> Nathan McNulty
>
> keisuke wrote:
> > i have a separate pci audio card, and even though i correctly connected the
> > front audio port on my case to the motherboard, the front audio wont work...
> > please help!!
>
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 12:51:18 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Good luck figuring out where to connect the front panel on the Audigy
card. The only way to get sound out of the front panel is going to be
by enabling the onboard sound and connecting it to the motherboard (at
least without going to some extreme method).

-----
Nathan McNulty

keisuke wrote:
> yes i am using my pci audio card, which is a sound blaster audigy ls... so
> would that mean that i have to connect my front panel to the sound card?? but
> i was only able to find two 4-pin headers, a single row of 10 pins, and 2
> rows with 3 on one row and 5 on the other... it seems like it should be the
> one with 2 rows, but the pins are unmarked, and they dont match the pin
> arrangement of my connector on the case. it also doensn't say anything about
> the front panel connection on the sound card guide book..
>
> "Nathan McNulty" wrote:
>
>
>>Umm, are you using the onboard sound or the PCI Audio card? You need to
>>connect the front panel to the sound source you are using. That may be
>>your problem.
>>
>>-----
>>Nathan McNulty
>>
>>keisuke wrote:
>>
>>>i have a separate pci audio card, and even though i correctly connected the
>>>front audio port on my case to the motherboard, the front audio wont work...
>>>please help!!
>>
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 2:33:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

one last thing, if i have to enable my onboard sound, wouldnt that mean that
i would have to disable my pci sound card??

"Nathan McNulty" wrote:

> Good luck figuring out where to connect the front panel on the Audigy
> card. The only way to get sound out of the front panel is going to be
> by enabling the onboard sound and connecting it to the motherboard (at
> least without going to some extreme method).
>
> -----
> Nathan McNulty
>
> keisuke wrote:
> > yes i am using my pci audio card, which is a sound blaster audigy ls... so
> > would that mean that i have to connect my front panel to the sound card?? but
> > i was only able to find two 4-pin headers, a single row of 10 pins, and 2
> > rows with 3 on one row and 5 on the other... it seems like it should be the
> > one with 2 rows, but the pins are unmarked, and they dont match the pin
> > arrangement of my connector on the case. it also doensn't say anything about
> > the front panel connection on the sound card guide book..
> >
> > "Nathan McNulty" wrote:
> >
> >
> >>Umm, are you using the onboard sound or the PCI Audio card? You need to
> >>connect the front panel to the sound source you are using. That may be
> >>your problem.
> >>
> >>-----
> >>Nathan McNulty
> >>
> >>keisuke wrote:
> >>
> >>>i have a separate pci audio card, and even though i correctly connected the
> >>>front audio port on my case to the motherboard, the front audio wont work...
> >>>please help!!
> >>
>
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 6:48:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Not necessarily. In the Sound Options, you simply need to choose which
sound source to use. Personally, I think it is more trouble than it is
worth, but if it is important to you, go for it :) 

-----
Nathan McNulty

keisuke wrote:
> one last thing, if i have to enable my onboard sound, wouldnt that mean that
> i would have to disable my pci sound card??
>
> "Nathan McNulty" wrote:
>
>
>>Good luck figuring out where to connect the front panel on the Audigy
>>card. The only way to get sound out of the front panel is going to be
>>by enabling the onboard sound and connecting it to the motherboard (at
>>least without going to some extreme method).
>>
>>-----
>>Nathan McNulty
>>
>>keisuke wrote:
>>
>>>yes i am using my pci audio card, which is a sound blaster audigy ls... so
>>>would that mean that i have to connect my front panel to the sound card?? but
>>> i was only able to find two 4-pin headers, a single row of 10 pins, and 2
>>>rows with 3 on one row and 5 on the other... it seems like it should be the
>>>one with 2 rows, but the pins are unmarked, and they dont match the pin
>>>arrangement of my connector on the case. it also doensn't say anything about
>>>the front panel connection on the sound card guide book..
>>>
>>>"Nathan McNulty" wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Umm, are you using the onboard sound or the PCI Audio card? You need to
>>>>connect the front panel to the sound source you are using. That may be
>>>>your problem.
>>>>
>>>>-----
>>>>Nathan McNulty
>>>>
>>>>keisuke wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>i have a separate pci audio card, and even though i correctly connected the
>>>>>front audio port on my case to the motherboard, the front audio wont work...
>>>>>please help!!
>>>>
July 23, 2010 11:29:53 AM

i do have the same problems with the front audio panel, but i just figured it out how to enable it, maybe this could help you out ,go to control panel > click realtek hd sound effect mananger . and then see the image below to adjust the settings

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1853/howtoe.png
!