8KDA3+ LAN Driver?

Hi, Gang.

I just upgraded my 8K3A+ to the 8KDA3 yesterday. Installation went fairly
well, and I'm up and running on it now, with an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU.

I have a question: The 1 Gb Ethernet LAN is here, and there is an R45
socket for it on the back of the mobo. I don't have a network, but I do
have an ADSL connection. How do I get my ADSL to work with this onboard
LAN?

For the moment, I've reinstalled my minimal SMC Ethernet card and configured
it and it's working with my Westell external modem, obviously, since I'm
using it to send this. Is there a driver on the CD that came with my mobo?
Or do I need to download one from EPoX? Or what?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Found it!

> I just upgraded to the 8KDA3 yesterday.

Make that the 8KDA3+. OE's Spellchecker has trouble with the + sign,
apparently. :>{

On the CD-ROM, I found the drivers and bundled applications. I've installed
the Ethernet driver (I'm using it now) and am now installing the hardware
Firewall and other stuff.

My 8KDA3+ came with the 5/5/04 BIOS. There is already a 5/12/04 version
available. Should I flash the new one?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
> Hi, Gang.
>
> I just upgraded my 8K3A+ to the 8KDA3 yesterday. Installation went fairly
> well, and I'm up and running on it now, with an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU.
>
> I have a question: The 1 Gb Ethernet LAN is here, and there is an R45
> socket for it on the back of the mobo. I don't have a network, but I do
> have an ADSL connection. How do I get my ADSL to work with this onboard
> LAN?
>
> For the moment, I've reinstalled my minimal SMC Ethernet card and
> configured it and it's working with my Westell external modem, obviously,
> since I'm using it to send this. Is there a driver on the CD that came
> with my mobo? Or do I need to download one from EPoX? Or what?
>
> RC

Hi

Glad to hear its working.

Technical Support Department
EPoX International, Inc.
support@epox.com
www.epox.com

Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard accessories...
BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more! https://www.epoxstore.com

> Found it!
>
> > I just upgraded to the 8KDA3 yesterday.
>
> Make that the 8KDA3+. OE's Spellchecker has trouble with the + sign,
> apparently. :>{
>
> On the CD-ROM, I found the drivers and bundled applications. I've
installed
> the Ethernet driver (I'm using it now) and am now installing the hardware
> Firewall and other stuff.
>
> My 8KDA3+ came with the 5/5/04 BIOS. There is already a 5/12/04 version
> available. Should I flash the new one?
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@corridor.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
> > Hi, Gang.
> >
> > I just upgraded my 8K3A+ to the 8KDA3 yesterday. Installation went
fairly
> > well, and I'm up and running on it now, with an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU.
> >
> > I have a question: The 1 Gb Ethernet LAN is here, and there is an R45
> > socket for it on the back of the mobo. I don't have a network, but I do
> > have an ADSL connection. How do I get my ADSL to work with this onboard
> > LAN?
> >
> > For the moment, I've reinstalled my minimal SMC Ethernet card and
> > configured it and it's working with my Westell external modem,
obviously,
> > since I'm using it to send this. Is there a driver on the CD that came
> > with my mobo? Or do I need to download one from EPoX? Or what?
> >
> > RC

Hi, EPoX Tech.

Yes, it's working very well. I've now updated to the 7/16/04 BIOS, using
your Magic BIOS utility included with my new mobo. Easiest flash I ever
did! But the typographical errors in the interface are a bit disconcerting,
like the main screen that says, "SEVER MESSAGE"; I'm sure that should say
"SERVER MESSAGE".

Now I've installed and figured out just about everything that came with the
8KDA3+ except the firewall. I've just downloaded and installed SP2 for
WinXP, which includes and improved software firewall; do I still need the
EPoX firewall?

This 8KDA3+ replaced my 2-year-old 8K3A+, which shorted and burned the DIMM
1 slot and the DIMM in it. The mobo looks good except for the blistered
DIM1 connector; it still boots and runs fine with the DIMM moved to either
DIM2 or DIM3. Can that be repaired? At a reasonable cost?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"EPoX Tech" <support@epox.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Glad to hear its working.

> Technical Support Department
> EPoX International, Inc.
> support@epox.com
> www.epox.com
>
> Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard accessories...
> BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more! https://www.epoxstore.com
>
> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
>> Found it!
>>
>> > I just upgraded to the 8KDA3 yesterday.
>>
>> Make that the 8KDA3+. OE's Spellchecker has trouble with the + sign,
>> apparently. :>{
>>
>> On the CD-ROM, I found the drivers and bundled applications. I've
> installed
>> the Ethernet driver (I'm using it now) and am now installing the hardware
>> Firewall and other stuff.
>>
>> My 8KDA3+ came with the 5/5/04 BIOS. There is already a 5/12/04 version
>> available. Should I flash the new one?
>>
>> RC
>>
>> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
>> > Hi, Gang.
>> >
>> > I just upgraded my 8K3A+ to the 8KDA3 yesterday. Installation went
> fairly
>> > well, and I'm up and running on it now, with an AMD Athlon 64 3200+
>> > CPU.
>> >
>> > I have a question: The 1 Gb Ethernet LAN is here, and there is an R45
>> > socket for it on the back of the mobo. I don't have a network, but I
>> > do
>> > have an ADSL connection. How do I get my ADSL to work with this
>> > onboard
>> > LAN?
>> >
>> > For the moment, I've reinstalled my minimal SMC Ethernet card and
>> > configured it and it's working with my Westell external modem,
> obviously,
>> > since I'm using it to send this. Is there a driver on the CD that came
>> > with my mobo? Or do I need to download one from EPoX? Or what?
>> >
>> > RC

RC

Yes, I have pointed out the spelling errors before to the programmers.

The NVIDIA Firewall works closely with the NVIDIA LAN therefore its a good
solution for firewall needs.

If the burns are not on the PCB itself it most likely can be repaired.

Register the board on www.epox.com/usa/register.asp then send a trouble
ticket requesting RMA for the DIMM.