8KTA3+ error message

When I've rebooted my old ePox 8KTA3+ computer I've sometimes gotten
the following error right after the POST activities:

"Trap 00000001
Debug trap
cs:eip0008:00404465
ss:esp=0010:00060Ec4
flags=000000086
NoCy NoZr IntDis Down Trap Dis
eax=000000A5 ebx=00000C00
edx=00000000 ecx=00000000
ds=0010 es=0010
edi=00070000 epb=00061FF0
esi=0000009F fs=0036
cr0=00000011 gs=0000000"

After making sure everything was seated properly, I figured that
possibly memory might have something to do with it, because it
happened so early in the boot. I've tried taking DIMMs out and
re-starting. Eventually I was able to start Windows, but I don't trust
it.

I'm getting paranoid about this machine, since my main computer is
out for repair. Was I correct to suspect memory? Could it actually be
something else, like a bad motherboard, power supply or corrupted boot
record?

Computer is an old ePox 8KTA3+ with an AMD Athlon 1400 CPU. I have 3
256meg DIMMs (only 2 currently installed) and an ATI 7500 video card.

Sam
--
To mail me please get rid of the BS first
3 answers Last reply

    Sam wrote:

    > When I've rebooted my old ePox 8KTA3+ computer I've sometimes gotten
    > the following error right after the POST activities:
    >
    > "Trap 00000001
    > Debug trap
    > cs:eip0008:00404465
    > ss:esp=0010:00060Ec4
    > flags=000000086
    > NoCy NoZr IntDis Down Trap Dis
    > eax=000000A5 ebx=00000C00
    > edx=00000000 ecx=00000000
    > ds=0010 es=0010
    > edi=00070000 epb=00061FF0
    > esi=0000009F fs=0036
    > cr0=00000011 gs=0000000"
    >
    > After making sure everything was seated properly, I figured that
    > possibly memory might have something to do with it, because it
    > happened so early in the boot. I've tried taking DIMMs out and
    > re-starting. Eventually I was able to start Windows, but I don't trust
    > it.
    >
    > I'm getting paranoid about this machine, since my main computer is
    > out for repair. Was I correct to suspect memory? Could it actually be
    > something else, like a bad motherboard, power supply or corrupted boot
    > record?
    >
    > Computer is an old ePox 8KTA3+ with an AMD Athlon 1400 CPU. I have 3
    > 256meg DIMMs (only 2 currently installed) and an ATI 7500 video card.
    >
    > Sam

    Look for leaking and/or bulging capacitors.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    Sometime on, or about Sat, 17 Jul 2004 22:23:36 GMT, CJT scribbled:

    > Sam wrote:
    >
    >> When I've rebooted my old ePox 8KTA3+ computer I've sometimes gotten
    >> the following error right after the POST activities:
    >>
    >> "Trap 00000001
    >> Debug trap
    >> cs:eip0008:00404465
    >> ss:esp=0010:00060Ec4
    >> flags=000000086
    >> NoCy NoZr IntDis Down Trap Dis
    >> eax=000000A5 ebx=00000C00
    >> edx=00000000 ecx=00000000
    >> ds=0010 es=0010
    >> edi=00070000 epb=00061FF0
    >> esi=0000009F fs=0036
    >> cr0=00000011 gs=0000000"
    >>
    >> After making sure everything was seated properly, I figured that
    >> possibly memory might have something to do with it, because it
    >> happened so early in the boot. I've tried taking DIMMs out and
    >> re-starting. Eventually I was able to start Windows, but I don't trust
    >> it.
    >>
    >> I'm getting paranoid about this machine, since my main computer is
    >> out for repair. Was I correct to suspect memory? Could it actually be
    >> something else, like a bad motherboard, power supply or corrupted boot
    >> record?
    >>
    >> Computer is an old ePox 8KTA3+ with an AMD Athlon 1400 CPU. I have 3
    >> 256meg DIMMs (only 2 currently installed) and an ATI 7500 video card.
    >>
    >> Sam
    >
    > Look for leaking and/or bulging capacitors.

    Those big ones near the CPU? Or, anywhere on the board

    Sam
    --
    To mail me please get rid of the BS first
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    Hi

    If you are having trouble with stability try the following multi-step
    procedure.

    1) Update to the latest BIOS from our website if possible (if you have not
    already done so).

    2) Load the BIOS defaults (optimized or fail-safe).

    3) Shutdown and remove all cards and devices EXCEPT for video, RAM, CPU, CPU
    heatsink/FAN.

    4) Ensure your CPU temperature remains within 30-55 Degrees C. Check in the
    CMOS or use USDM for this information.

    5) Check that your power supply is ok for your particular processor. We
    generally suggest 350-400W or better.

    6) Set all voltage and clock jumpers to the factory default.

    7) Retest.

    8) If you use a variable RPM fan ensure its set for full speed.

    9) If using AGP set the AGP aperature size to 64M in the BIOS.

    Technical Support Department
    EPoX International, Inc.
    support@epox.com
    www.epox.com

    Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard accessories...
    BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more! https://www.epoxstore.com

    "Sam" <srs2_11BS@bsHotmailBS.com> wrote in message
    > When I've rebooted my old ePox 8KTA3+ computer I've sometimes gotten
    > the following error right after the POST activities:
    >
    > "Trap 00000001
    > Debug trap
    > cs:eip0008:00404465
    > ss:esp=0010:00060Ec4
    > flags=000000086
    > NoCy NoZr IntDis Down Trap Dis
    > eax=000000A5 ebx=00000C00
    > edx=00000000 ecx=00000000
    > ds=0010 es=0010
    > edi=00070000 epb=00061FF0
    > esi=0000009F fs=0036
    > cr0=00000011 gs=0000000"
    >
    > After making sure everything was seated properly, I figured that
    > possibly memory might have something to do with it, because it
    > happened so early in the boot. I've tried taking DIMMs out and
    > re-starting. Eventually I was able to start Windows, but I don't trust
    > it.
    >
    > I'm getting paranoid about this machine, since my main computer is
    > out for repair. Was I correct to suspect memory? Could it actually be
    > something else, like a bad motherboard, power supply or corrupted boot
    > record?
    >
    > Computer is an old ePox 8KTA3+ with an AMD Athlon 1400 CPU. I have 3
    > 256meg DIMMs (only 2 currently installed) and an ATI 7500 video card.
    >
    > Sam
    > --
    > To mail me please get rid of the BS first

Epox Error Message Motherboards