Sam

When I've rebooted my old ePox 8KTA3+ computer I've sometimes gotten
the following error right after the POST activities:

"Trap 00000001
Debug trap
cs:eip0008:00404465
ss:esp=0010:00060Ec4
flags=000000086
NoCy NoZr IntDis Down Trap Dis
eax=000000A5 ebx=00000C00
edx=00000000 ecx=00000000
ds=0010 es=0010
edi=00070000 epb=00061FF0
esi=0000009F fs=0036
cr0=00000011 gs=0000000"

After making sure everything was seated properly, I figured that
possibly memory might have something to do with it, because it
happened so early in the boot. I've tried taking DIMMs out and
re-starting. Eventually I was able to start Windows, but I don't trust
it.

I'm getting paranoid about this machine, since my main computer is
out for repair. Was I correct to suspect memory? Could it actually be
something else, like a bad motherboard, power supply or corrupted boot
record?

Computer is an old ePox 8KTA3+ with an AMD Athlon 1400 CPU. I have 3
256meg DIMMs (only 2 currently installed) and an ATI 7500 video card.

Sam
--
To mail me please get rid of the BS first

cjt

Sam wrote:

> When I've rebooted my old ePox 8KTA3+ computer I've sometimes gotten
> the following error right after the POST activities:
>
> "Trap 00000001
> Debug trap
> cs:eip0008:00404465
> ss:esp=0010:00060Ec4
> flags=000000086
> NoCy NoZr IntDis Down Trap Dis
> eax=000000A5 ebx=00000C00
> edx=00000000 ecx=00000000
> ds=0010 es=0010
> edi=00070000 epb=00061FF0
> esi=0000009F fs=0036
> cr0=00000011 gs=0000000"
>
> After making sure everything was seated properly, I figured that
> possibly memory might have something to do with it, because it
> happened so early in the boot. I've tried taking DIMMs out and
> re-starting. Eventually I was able to start Windows, but I don't trust
> it.
>
> I'm getting paranoid about this machine, since my main computer is
> out for repair. Was I correct to suspect memory? Could it actually be
> something else, like a bad motherboard, power supply or corrupted boot
> record?
>
> Computer is an old ePox 8KTA3+ with an AMD Athlon 1400 CPU. I have 3
> 256meg DIMMs (only 2 currently installed) and an ATI 7500 video card.
>
> Sam

Look for leaking and/or bulging capacitors.

Sam

Sometime on, or about Sat, 17 Jul 2004 22:23:36 GMT, CJT scribbled:

> Sam wrote:
>
>> When I've rebooted my old ePox 8KTA3+ computer I've sometimes gotten
>> the following error right after the POST activities:
>>
>> "Trap 00000001
>> Debug trap
>> cs:eip0008:00404465
>> ss:esp=0010:00060Ec4
>> flags=000000086
>> NoCy NoZr IntDis Down Trap Dis
>> eax=000000A5 ebx=00000C00
>> edx=00000000 ecx=00000000
>> ds=0010 es=0010
>> edi=00070000 epb=00061FF0
>> esi=0000009F fs=0036
>> cr0=00000011 gs=0000000"
>>
>> After making sure everything was seated properly, I figured that
>> possibly memory might have something to do with it, because it
>> happened so early in the boot. I've tried taking DIMMs out and
>> re-starting. Eventually I was able to start Windows, but I don't trust
>> it.
>>
>> I'm getting paranoid about this machine, since my main computer is
>> out for repair. Was I correct to suspect memory? Could it actually be
>> something else, like a bad motherboard, power supply or corrupted boot
>> record?
>>
>> Computer is an old ePox 8KTA3+ with an AMD Athlon 1400 CPU. I have 3
>> 256meg DIMMs (only 2 currently installed) and an ATI 7500 video card.
>>
>> Sam
>
> Look for leaking and/or bulging capacitors.

Those big ones near the CPU? Or, anywhere on the board

Sam
--
To mail me please get rid of the BS first

Hi

If you are having trouble with stability try the following multi-step
procedure.

1) Update to the latest BIOS from our website if possible (if you have not
already done so).

2) Load the BIOS defaults (optimized or fail-safe).

3) Shutdown and remove all cards and devices EXCEPT for video, RAM, CPU, CPU
heatsink/FAN.

4) Ensure your CPU temperature remains within 30-55 Degrees C. Check in the
CMOS or use USDM for this information.

5) Check that your power supply is ok for your particular processor. We
generally suggest 350-400W or better.

6) Set all voltage and clock jumpers to the factory default.

7) Retest.

8) If you use a variable RPM fan ensure its set for full speed.

9) If using AGP set the AGP aperature size to 64M in the BIOS.

Technical Support Department
EPoX International, Inc.
support@epox.com
www.epox.com

Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard accessories...
BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more! https://www.epoxstore.com