I'm thinking of upgrading my 640Megs (256-256-128) of PC2100 RAM to 2
512 Meg sticks of PC2700.

Is this RAM compatible with the Epox8Kha+ motherboard? If so, would the
upgrade to PC2700 make a significant difference in system speed?

Also, I found this link regarding tweaking of RAM:

http://www20.tomshardware.com/howto/20030701/memory_tuning-10.html

Would this kind of tweaking make a significant difference in speed (with
either PC2100 or PC2700).

Thanks!

Bert

Dalamar

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2002

BRH <"bhoenig<no-spam>"@comcast.net> wrote in news:4101978D.55B007F9
@comcast.net:

> I'm thinking of upgrading my 640Megs (256-256-128) of PC2100 RAM to 2
> 512 Meg sticks of PC2700.
>
> Is this RAM compatible with the Epox8Kha+ motherboard? If so, would the
> upgrade to PC2700 make a significant difference in system speed?
>
> Also, I found this link regarding tweaking of RAM:
>
> http://www20.tomshardware.com/howto/20030701/memory_tuning-10.html
>
> Would this kind of tweaking make a significant difference in speed (with
> either PC2100 or PC2700).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bert

The 8kha+ is a 266mhz board. It will run just fine with PC2700 memory, but
there will be no performance gain from using it.

You can mix PC2100 and PC2700 memory, so if you want to get to a gig, just
replace that 128 with a 512. I am running 896 megs on mine, and it's a
mixture of PC2100 and PC2700. No problems at all.

It will take up to 1.5 gigs of memory, so you could get three 512 sticks if
you wanted to.

I hope this is of some help to you.