"Dual Monitor Problems"

I have noticed on my settings tab under display in control
panel that the computer is saying I have two monitors, but
I have only one currently (the laptop screen). I was using
an additional 17" LCD flat panel on my laptop, but not any
more. How can I get the computer to recognize the fact
that there is just one monitor (the laptop's)? Even
though I am on a 1024 X 768 resolution, my icons and such
are much bigger than they were before I started using the
additional 17" monitor (which is no longer attached).

Any help greatly appreciated...

Aaron Wolf
CA

peter

HI,

You haven't told us what is brand and model of your laptop. We don't know
what is the vedio adpater as well as dual monitor tools you are using, ATI,
Nvidia, Intel etc.
Usually in the notification area (right hand side of the bottom task bar),
you should find an vedio adapter icon, click that icon and change the
settings there.

Work around:

1. It is the time to download and install the latest XP compatible drivers
from the laptop manufacturer's website. Download the latest WHQL vedio
drivers and save it to a specific folder.

2. Right click on desktop/property/settings, change the resolution to VGA mode
(256 colors 640X480), click OK.

3. Go to add or remove program to remove the existing display drivers then
reboot.

4. After reboot, the display should be in VGA mode. Temporary disable any
antivirus softwares. Install the display drivers from the downloaded file.

5. After reboot, change back the resolution to 32 bit color and 1024X768 or
any resolution at your desire.

Hope it helps.

Peter