Attempt to Flash BIOS. Result: "File Part Number - No Matc..

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

I have a 8K7a motherboard and downloaded the bin file to flash bios
from http://www.epox.nl/BIOS/8k7a2304.bin along with current award
flash utility.

To start with I booted to a DOS bootdisk and backed up my current BIOS
without problem

However on attempting to flash the BIOS I followed all the
instructions to the letter (I believe) but got the message:

"Program File Part Number - No Match With System"

Anyone know the meaning of this.

Hi

What AWDFLASH.EXE version are you using?
What is the BIOS ID code displayed at the bottom of the screen during POST?

Technical Support Department
EPoX International, Inc.
support@epox.com
www.epox.com

Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard accessories...
BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more! https://www.epoxstore.com