CPU can't find dvd drive

October 11, 2004 1:18:08 AM

My dvd drive was working fine, then one day the computer
just stopped recognizing it was there. it tell
me "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for
this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code
41)" i tried installing a new cd drive w/ no success. i
don't know what to do next. any help would be greatly
appreciated

More about : cpu find dvd drive

Anonymous
October 11, 2004 1:44:06 AM

Matt, check here for Code 41 Problem.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];314060

"matt" <ma21201@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My dvd drive was working fine, then one day the computer
> just stopped recognizing it was there. it tell
> me "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for
> this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code
> 41)" i tried installing a new cd drive w/ no success. i
> don't know what to do next. any help would be greatly
> appreciated
October 11, 2004 7:47:04 AM

Hi,

Try this:
Start/Run/regedit
Nevigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Hightlight the "upperFilters" and "LowerFilters" if any
Click Edit and then click delete.

Note: export the registry keys and save them to a specific file before
editing any registry.

You may also need to reinstall the burning softwares after deleted the
filters.

Import the backup registry file if you encounter problems after regedit.
If everything is OK and the DVD is working fine, delete the backup registry
file as it contained the old upper & lower filters of the CD-rom. It is of
"NO HURRY" to delete this file until you are absolutely sure that the OS is
working normally.

Peter

!