Windows Installer Error

When I try to install software I get this error message.
Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows
Installer Package. A program required for this install to
complete could not be run. Contact your support personal
or package vendor. HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM? When I
can't even use the System Restore.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows installer error

    At a guess, the installer file *.msi is either corrupt or has other
    problems - have you tried looking on the website for the software
    you're trying to load - there may be a fix, or a support line who can
    help.

    --
    tallyman

Windows Installer Windows XP