Greetings.
I've done some digging on EPOX's website, but their information seems out of
date for these older boards. I have both boards running the latest drivers
and BIOSs they can support, and I'm wondering just what is the ceiling of
CPU I can put in them. I have two PCs; running one of each board. If anyone
can tell me what the fastest CPU I can put in these Mainboards is I would
appreciate it.

Thank you,
Ben

"Ben Covarrubias" <bcovarrubias@satx.com> wrote in

> Greetings.
> I've done some digging on EPOX's website, but their information seems
> out of date for these older boards.

ftp://ftp.epox.com/downloads/FAQ/cpu-support-mature.pdf

--
Peter Strömberg (55.6N 13.0E)
C2K2 C2K3 ISCCIV02 ISCCIV03

"Peter Strömberg" <wilfried@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> "Ben Covarrubias" <bcovarrubias@satx.com> wrote in
>
> > Greetings.
> > I've done some digging on EPOX's website, but their information seems
> > out of date for these older boards.
>
> ftp://ftp.epox.com/downloads/FAQ/cpu-support-mature.pdf
>
> --
> Peter Strömberg (55.6N 13.0E)
> C2K2 C2K3 ISCCIV02 ISCCIV03

Thank you! I had seen the pdf one time before, but didn't make much sense
out of the multiple listings of the model types. Looking it over again, I
see where they mention the rev #, and BIOS footnote. Looks like I should be
able to get at least a little more life out of the 8KHA+ then.

Thanks again!
Ben

Ben

8KHA (rev 1.3) max is 1800+ Athlon XP (Palomino core) at 266MHz.

8KHA+ (rev 2.0) max is 2600+ Athlon XP (T-bred core) at 266MHz.

Of course it depends on the REV which you did not provide.

Technical Support Department
EPoX International, Inc.
support@epox.com
www.epox.com

Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard accessories...
BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more! https://www.epoxstore.com

"Ben Covarrubias" <bcovarrubias@satx.com> wrote in message
> Greetings.
> I've done some digging on EPOX's website, but their information seems out
of
> date for these older boards. I have both boards running the latest
drivers
> and BIOSs they can support, and I'm wondering just what is the ceiling of
> CPU I can put in them. I have two PCs; running one of each board. If
anyone
> can tell me what the fastest CPU I can put in these Mainboards is I would
> appreciate it.
>
> Thank you,
> Ben

Please help,

I have a 8hka+ and I am receiving a 41 post code. Manual says this is
reserved.
Any idea on how I should go about diagnosing this problem. Will not
boot to floppy cd-rom or hard drive just hangs at 41.

512 mb and 256 mb of ram in slot 0 and 1
Athlon 1800+ xp

Did complete post a couple of times and even booted up my hard drive.
But now it just hangs.

Also can you give the procedure for clearing the cmos using the jumper
( power cycle or just leave on for a pre-determined time or unplug?)

Thanks for your help,

David R. Martinez

"dave m." <drm_23@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Please help,
>
> I have a 8hka+ and I am receiving a 41 post code. Manual says this is
> reserved.
> Any idea on how I should go about diagnosing this problem. Will not
> boot to floppy cd-rom or hard drive just hangs at 41.
>
> 512 mb and 256 mb of ram in slot 0 and 1
> Athlon 1800+ xp
>
> Did complete post a couple of times and even booted up my hard drive.
> But now it just hangs.

mobo problem - try reseating the cpu

> Also can you give the procedure for clearing the cmos using the jumper
> ( power cycle or just leave on for a pre-determined time or unplug?)

There is no procedure - switch system off, just jumper over to the Clear
position (few seconds) and set the jumper back to Normal as described in the
handbook. Before doing a Clear write down all your bios settings since u
have to re-enter it
manually after the clear.