Does the 8KTA3+PRO support mobile Athlons?

cjt

Will the 8KTA3+PRO work with the 1.35 volt mobile Athlons?

cjt

CJT wrote:

> Will the 8KTA3+PRO work with the 1.35 volt mobile Athlons?

Oh, and the same question for the 1.45 v mobiles.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007

CJT <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:<411FA8A1.2070104@prodigy.net>...
> CJT wrote:
>
> > Will the 8KTA3+PRO work with the 1.35 volt mobile Athlons?
> >

> Oh, and the same question for the 1.45 v mobiles.

Not sure about the voltages used but someone in the Epox forum at
www.amdmb.com is using a mobile Barton XP2500+ with his 8KTA3PRO (or
+PRO).

One thing, I believe I've read that desktop motherboards interpret the
default voltages of the mobiles differently than intended. A 1.45V
mobile defaults to 1.6 volt or something like that. Whatever the
case, the voltages can be adjusted back down using BIOS with the
8KTA3PRO (or any other motherboard which makes vCore adjustments
available).

Phsstpok