Stuck disc drawer

My pc has somehow managed to lose my cd/rw from its
memory, & so now I have no use of the disc drawer at all.
It wont open & had a disc sat in there. I cannot restart
either. Total novice, what is going on, I am going crazy.
2 answers Last reply
More about stuck disc drawer

    Nic wrote:
    > My pc has somehow managed to lose my cd/rw from its
    > memory, & so now I have no use of the disc drawer at all.
    > It wont open & had a disc sat in there. I cannot restart
    > either. Total novice, what is going on, I am going crazy.

    It sounds very much as if the dive has simply failed, particularly
    if pushing the eject button on the front of the drive doesn't work.
    Power down the PC, use a straightened paper clip to manually eject the
    the CD, and then replace the defective CD/RW drive.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having
    both at once. - RAH

    "Nic" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My pc has somehow managed to lose my cd/rw from its
    > memory, & so now I have no use of the disc drawer at all.
    > It wont open & had a disc sat in there. I cannot restart
    > either. Total novice, what is going on, I am going crazy.

    Before going crazy, RTFM. It says "If unable to remove a
    CD, take a paper clip, straighten it, then push it into the
    small hole at the front of the CD drive to release the drawer
    lock."

    To see if this is a Windows or a hardware issue, boot the
    machine with a Win98 boot disk from www.bootdisk.com.
    If you can access your CDs then you're dealing with
    Windows problem. If you can't then you have a hardware
    problem, perhaps a dislodged cable.

Microsoft Windows XP