8RDA3+

I just got this board and I have two questions regarding the dual-LAN.

(1) I don't really need both of them since I connect to a home
router/firewall. If I'm staring at the back panel, which one of the LAN
port is the embedded Ethernet controller with the onboard RTL8201BL PHY and
which on is the integrated Ethernet controller with the RTL810L chip. The
left or right.

(2) Also is there any difference in performance if I only wanted to use
one? Does one take more CPU cycles or give better throughput?

TIA.
1 answer Last reply
More about 8rda3
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    Hi,

    Empirically, staring at the back panel, I found that the RTL8201 is on
    the right, and the integrated Nvidia controller is on the left.

    In the brief testing I've done, I haven't seen that one performs any
    better or worse than the other.

Epox Ethernet Controller Motherboards